Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking with a daily driver for the wife but ended up purchasing a 2013 R/T with red leather interior and red vinyl stripes that need redone. Not the best gas mileage but its going to be a fun smooth ride. I guess she'll get to drive it every once in a while.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!! I just had my third taste of the Kool Aid. A 1972, 2010, and now a 2016.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,040 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,759 Posts
Welcome from California ;) No Kool-aid for me, too much sugar :)

I don't get the kool-aid part. The closest I'm understanding this is, does it have something to do with Jonestown? Join the cult?
It DOES stem from the Jonestown tragedy, but Don't drink the Kool-aid has come to mean don't believe everything somebody tells you, or to blindly believe something, even if it doesn't have merit. In this case I believe the OP is saying he got sucked into the Challenger thing...now he's firmly on the Dark Side...

A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't get the kool-aid part. The closest I'm understanding this is, does it have something to do with Jonestown? Join the cult?
Welcome from California ;) No Kool-aid for me, too much sugar :)

It DOES stem from the Jonestown tragedy, but Don't drink the Kool-aid has come to mean don't believe everything somebody tells you, or to blindly believe something, even if it doesn't have merit. In this case I believe the OP is saying he got sucked into the Challenger thing...now he's firmly on the Dark Side...

A Guy
A Guy is right. The commuter we were thinking was a BMW 2 or 3 series but as soon as we were thought about maintenance costs North American made sounded better for the cost of repairs/parts.

The R/T has 66K on it already so I am expecting to change the oil, air filter and spark plugs around 70K. Anything I'm missing or recommendations?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
A Guy is right. The commuter we were thinking was a BMW 2 or 3 series but as soon as we were thought about maintenance costs North American made sounded better for the cost of repairs/parts.

The R/T has 66K on it already so I am expecting to change the oil, air filter and spark plugs around 70K. Anything I'm missing or recommendations?
Dodge now recommends NGK Iridium plugs for the earlier Hemi's. I put them in my 2010 at last summer and it runs great with them. Rock Auto has the best price I could find.
NGK 92145 Laser Iridium Info

Dual Plug; Gap 0.044"; Recommended FCA IRIDIUM OE extended service part

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
WELCOME from IDAHO !!!

Your ride looks like mine
car.jpg

·
Registered
2010 Furious Fuchsia SRT8 . 57/400
12 Posts
ya , it's like he got seduced by the purple ....??? I get it tho...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts