Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been weighing out the "top 3" muscle cars (Challenger, Camaro, Mustang) for a couple years now and I finally pulled the trigger on a 2016 Challenger RT Plus with 14k miles. I daily drive my car and this is QUITE the improvement from my 2015 Mazda6 LOL. I used to own a Camaro and have missed the muscle car feel ever since. I had been holding out to order a SPS in F8, but the dealers here in Hawaii charge ~ 15% above MSRP and don't budge an inch in pricing and I just couldn't justify the "convenience charge". I don't plan on driving it like a race car, but I'm interested in what mods you all would suggest to start off? Nothing too crazy, but stuff I can add to it here and there to make it my own.

If it helps anything: RT Plus, Blacktop package & Navi are the options it has.

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I've been weighing out the "top 3" muscle cars (Challenger, Camaro, Mustang) for a couple years now and I finally pulled the trigger on a 2016 Challenger RT Plus with 14k miles. I daily drive my car and this is QUITE the improvement from my 2015 Mazda6 LOL. I used to own a Camaro and have missed the muscle car feel ever since. I had been holding out to order a SPS in F8, but the dealers here in Hawaii charge ~ 15% above MSRP and don't budge an inch in pricing and I just couldn't justify the "convenience charge". I don't plan on driving it like a race car, but I'm interested in what mods you all would suggest to start off? Nothing too crazy, but stuff I can add to it here and there to make it my own.

If it helps anything: RT Plus, Blacktop package & Navi are the options it has.
CAI, Front (and/or Back) Tower Brace, all weather mats, locking gas cap, catch can.

And Welcome from Cali, nice ride.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. Great car. I would do a catch can and something with the exhaust. Hearing it is half the fun.
Congratulations. Let us know.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Catch can, quad exhaust tips, front & rear strut braces (you'll notice the turning difference), buy some touch up paint for that mark on your front bumper.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Welcome from central Maryland. Nice car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Illinois. Great car. I would do a catch can and something with the exhaust. Hearing it is half the fun.
Congratulations. Let us know.
I'm not too familiar with catch cans. What's the benefit of them and/or pros and cons?

And I completely agree with the exhaust! I'm thinking about doing a mid-muffler delete since they're cheap and from the youtube videos i've seen, they sound pretty good. Any other suggestions for cheap (under $300) exhaust note improvements?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Catch can, quad exhaust tips, front & rear strut braces (you'll notice the turning difference), buy some touch up paint for that mark on your front bumper.
I got the dealer to throw in touch up paint and a full detail inside and out next week :wink3:

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
First congrats on the new ride, great looking car. A CAI or Hellcat air intake can be done relatively cheaply, cat back exhaust (if you are looking for a sound change), if you want a performance increase then I'd go with a tuner. The problem with getting a tuner at the moment is you also need to get a new TCM in order for that set up to work, so you would quickly be getting into bigger money.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I'm not too familiar with catch cans. What's the benefit of them and/or pros and cons?

And I completely agree with the exhaust! I'm thinking about doing a mid-muffler delete since they're cheap and from the youtube videos i've seen, they sound pretty good. Any other suggestions for cheap (under $300) exhaust note improvements?
These car to meet emissions re circulate the blow by oil and vapors back into the intake. Contaminating the throttle body and combustion chamber. The catch can catches these contaminants and traps them in this can. Then you empty the can when you change your oil......or sooner if you have a lead foot. Throw it away! I have heard people who think it is clean oil and want to save put it back!!! Cheap and effective.

Go slow with the exhaust thing. One thing at a time. Seems most just add a muffler or delete things. I wouldn't know.
Luckily I have the active exhaust. Good luck. Hope this made sense.

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats on your new acquisition. Far as recommended modifications go the best advice I can give is that ideas for improving the handling and performance will materialize with time and experience as every car has it's own unique personality per se'.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts