Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took a while but I finally made it to the strip. Infinion Raceway to be exact.
I've attached a pic of the best timeslip.
Mods/Maybe important details:
  • Resonator delete with a simple turn down, no tailpipe yet.
  • Funky aircleaner silencer thing delete.
  • K&N Drop in
  • Mobil Synthetic oil (does that count as a mod? :) )
  • Stock tires aired up to 35psi on all corners.
  • No weight taken out, I even had a cooler with soda in the trunk
No real tire spin off the line leaving with the converter at 1k or 2k against the brake. It may of chirped once on one of the runs.
After each run I would pop the hood for a quick check and touch the airbox and air hose, both were cool. When I say cool I would have to guess ambient. The under side of the hose was warm from the engine heat rising up, so this gives me some ideas on what to change but I don't think a real 'CAI' is necessary. This car has also gotten over 29 mpg twice in about a weeks time. I can't think of any other worth mentioning details right now.
This was my first time back to a dragstrip in years and first time bracket racing since 95/96 so I was happy to get to the second round. My reaction times on most of the other runs were better with the best being .074
I'm now thinking about some simple mods to knock a couple 10ths off along with a little less weight next time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
15.6 seems admirable for a basically stock car.

I'd be happy with that as a nice baseline idea of how quick it is. MPH seems kinda low by a couple mph *shrugs*

Of course the person in the other lane didn't get very good mph for the time either. Must be the track? You guys let off too soon?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should point out I'm number 52 on the timeslip.
I didn't let off, I probably bent the floor right under the gas pedal :)
There was a strong headwind that everyone complained about. My best MPH of the day was on a 15.68/88.20 run. Worst mph of the day was 87.79

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Your times are right in line for a stock 2010 V6. First time out with mine, Had spare tire out, air filter off and 1/2 tank gas. I ran 15.81 and my husband ran 15.68. The biggest problem is the 60' times. The car does not move off the line. We swapped the 2.87 gears for 3.64 gears and the 60' dropped to 2.10 -2.20. On a nice cool day I run 14.80's with a 2.13 60'. Keep working at it, you will get better. See my mod list below.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeh, I'm familiar with your mod list. I've read and wait for new posts after you visit the track with your SE actually. To further the stalking :p before I started this thread I dug thru your old ones to find your time from your first run with your SE.
I'll do a little more work to the car and then leave it alone since it is my commuter and I commute a ton. Once its out of warranty (which is sooner than most think in my case) and retired from DD duty then I will probably go crazy with a supercharger or something. Its taking a lot of my willpower to not to that right now though.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
This was my first time back to a dragstrip in years and first time bracket racing since 95/96 so I was happy to get to the second round. My reaction times on most of the other runs were better with the best being .074
That's not a bad light! That would be a .574 at my track (they add in the .500 for the sportsman tree). If you can consistently cut .05 or better lights, and run your dial within .02 (call it a .07 or better total package) you will do pretty well bracket racing in the street division.

The best bracket racers in street are going .01-.02 on the tree and running .005 to .01 off the dial.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I was just trying to knock the rust off. I also staged shallow since I cared more about ET than anything else, if I wanted to take a real run at brackets I would deep stage which helps RT.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ah darned headwinds!

Ha! I did the same thing with all of her posts, was looking for the magic potion to pour on to the SE, LOL!

She'll go cams and heads yet. That's about all she's got left to go :)

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Ah darned headwinds!

Ha! I did the same thing with all of her posts, was looking for the magic potion to pour on to the SE, LOL!

She'll go cams and heads yet. That's about all she's got left to go :)

I am going to install ported lower intake in my car next. That will probably be it for now.

I am having too much fun learning to drive our SRT8 with Arrington 426 Stroker. Ran 11.96 last week. Hopefully I can get an 11.50 or 11.60 out of it. Launching with that much power and 325/45/17 drag radials is fun.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
I ran a 16.05 in my 2010 SE last year at Dragway 42. Hope to knock a couple of tenths of my time this year.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That RDP turbo should get you more than a couple tenths :)

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
That RDP turbo should get you more than a couple tenths :)
I hope it does. Can't wait to see what she will do.:redcap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts