Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The letter from Landmark Dodge claims they are completely out of stock of the 2009 challenger and local auctions are too. They state my car is worth 25,xxx dollars and can offer more. Then they go on to mention about 2011 vehicles..Long story short has any one else in Atlanta recieved this BS..I don't care about the newer models ,but if they want to take the car off my hands I would consider it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dealer tricks........ I received a similar letter about my 2010 Grand Cherokee. I think they want to get people in the door because you can't buy a new car if you don't stop in the lot.

By the way, awesome looking ride.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Agreed; simply a sales tool. Dealers are not going to give you anything for your car that they can't turn it around for a sizable profit. Just ain't happening. They may give you $25K + for your car, but that's on a purchase of a new vehicle probably at sticker. More than likely they'll pick your car apart to come off that "advertised" price.

I've gotten similar letters for almost every late model car I've owned; Pontiacs, Nissans, etc.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I haven't gotten anything like that from them (or any other Dodge dealer in the area), but mine's a 2010 I bought fairly recently so they may not be "interested" in it yet. However, I've gotten letters like that from other dealers about other cars I've owned and somewhere in the fine print it should state that that's what they'll offer you in trade on a new car. They aren't going to fork over that much cash for your car.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I've got those too, they even want to buy my 2007 Caliber (which my daughter owns and they think I somehow own) We stopped at the dealer to look at the 200 for my wife and they had a used 2010 R/T that they were asking $35,800 for.

One letter I received actually looked like it was from the service department and there might be a recall, when I stopped for an oil change and asked them about it it turned out to be a sales teaser. They are just trying to drum up business.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
We still get those same letters from the GMC dealer for our Yukon we traded in on the Jeep.
From a buddy that used to work for a GM dealer, these are sales campaigns that that an agency gets the dealer to agree to let the agency run and pay them so much for every sale that happens (or something like that).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer tricks........ I received a similar letter about my 2010 Grand Cherokee. I think they want to get people in the door because you can't buy a new car if you don't stop in the lot.

By the way, awesome looking ride.
Thank You...I knew it was some BS I will never buy a car from there again..IMO the bigger the dealership the more they have to rip you off to cover overhead

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I got a similar letter from another stealership. It wasn't Landmark.
It went into the circular file.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
According the the dealer my car is only worth 27k tops. My car is a 2010 almost loaded Deepwater blue R/T Classic with 3500 miles on it. Only on its 2nd month of its in service date. In other words a brand new 2010 is worth squat to them. Their first offer was 25k!!!!! Pissed me off. The dealer guide for used cars is the biggest scam ever. Trust me, ive worked at a Chrysler jeep Dodge dealer for 16 years. KBB, NADA and other sites put my car at 32k+ but the guide that the dealer uses says 27k. (black book) or whatever they call it can suck it!!! :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Cutta:
I get one of these every month or so on my "Kia" ! Haven't gotten one for the Challenger yet. BTW.......I've never really liked the "Black-out" look. It's been overdone for so long on so many cars........but yours looks good! Just enough red in there to break it up a bit. One thing you can answer.......Why are you driving it on the sidewalk? :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
According the the dealer my car is only worth 27k tops. My car is a 2010 almost loaded Deepwater blue R/T Classic with 3500 miles on it. Only on its 2nd month of its in service date. In other words a brand new 2010 is worth squat to them. Their first offer was 25k!!!!! Pissed me off. The dealer guide for used cars is the biggest scam ever. Trust me, ive worked at a Chrysler jeep Dodge dealer for 16 years. KBB, NADA and other sites put my car at 32k+ but the guide that the dealer uses says 27k. (black book) or whatever they call it can suck it!!! :)
This is a total scam. I put my GTO for sale on cars.com. In addition to Longwood Inc. (total fraud operation) calling me, a local dealer said they had buyers that would offer me top dollar for my car. I had them appraise it, but had to call the guy back that was in charge because he wasn't there. When I got ahold of him, he asked what I was asking for it, and then said he couldn't even begin to be interested in that. Real professional.

Black book is a joke. Its "values" are thousands less than Kelley Blue Book! Wonder if I should negotiate my next car purchase around Black Book, since that's what it's worth, right? When I went by a Dodge Challenger to see about a possible trade for my GTO, they used KBB for what they might offer me.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
They use the black book because it is the wholesale value of the car and gives them the most profit margin. If a dealer advertises KBB on their website to find out what your car is worth, they should offer KBB value, and if they don't should be open for a lawsuit for bait and switch, I ran across many dealers who advertised with KBB and then on showing up would only offer black book value on the trade. Total BS if you ask me, but like most others, i'm not gonna hire a lawyer to make them give me an additional 4k on a trade in car. I'd still be obligated to buy a car from them, and they could rape you on the other end.

Based on loan payments, i should have paid approximately 6000 off on the car this year, which would put me at roughly 24k in loan value left, so if i chose to trade, and didn't care about depreciation, i could get out with cash in pocket, but why throw 10k down the tubes just to get a slightly newer car with all the same goodies. I'll wait till the GWE cars hit, then try to see if its worth working out a deal with a dealer who can't move one.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
black book is based on auction prices.. its just a tool. remind them that this is not an auction if it were an action they could only see the car and hear it run. They get a history and a drive with yours. never let the black book work you down.. leave and come back later.. if you really want to.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cutta:
I get one of these every month or so on my "Kia" ! Haven't gotten one for the Challenger yet. BTW.......I've never really liked the "Black-out" look. It's been overdone for so long on so many cars........but yours looks good! Just enough red in there to break it up a bit. One thing you can answer.......Why are you driving it on the sidewalk? :)
That happens to be my drive way.. I was standing at the front door.

The dealer is never going to give you a sweet heart deal. I don't care how new your car is...They are is the business to take your hard earned money. It was a dealer here in GA that closed down, but they would take peoples trades and not pay them off. Leaving people with two car payments.

I despise dealer practices I was there getting my oil changed..Some guy was asking me about my car and said he has an SE..He told me he was paying 408 for 7 years...Now they clearly ripped his ass from ear to ear...If that wasn't bad enough he wanted to trade up to an R/T 693 for 7 years. Credit Ruined

1 - 15 of 15 Posts