Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, pulled the trigger today on a 2010 R/T Classic 6M with Interior Appearance, Electronic Convenience, and Sunroof. Torred or as I call it "Arrest Me Red".

Found it about 90 miles west of where I am. I think I got a great deal, and they were happy to sell it.

There really is no comparison in luxury and ride quality compared to the Camaro. I needed something I could get golf clubs and luggage into and head to Florida when it gets cold. Getting my wife in the car to go with me will prove to be the hardest part.

·
Registered
466 Posts
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks; I guess I was so excited I double clutched on the posting- -couldn't find this one after I hit submit and thought it was gone- - - oh well, taking the wife out to eat in the new car tonight- - -

·
Registered
585 Posts
haha see other post lol

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
TorRed adds at least 10 MPH to every radar reading!:fight:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks; I guess I was so excited I double clutched on the posting- -couldn't find this one after I hit submit and thought it was gone- - - oh well, taking the wife out to eat in the new car tonight- - -
Be sure that you're taking the wife out to eat somewhere other than eating in the car. Of course, my wife still doesn't forgive me for the "no food" policy in mine! :rofl:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome. You chose a great car!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the kind words. The dealership had the car for nearly a year. This was definitely a win-win for both of us. I did have them change the oil, and they happily did so, along with a new inspection, wash and detail. I haven't felt like this about a car in a LONG time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am looking to buy an automatic RT in the next week. I really would like some opinions from the experienced buyers here on pricing - what I should pay? what would be a great deal? what have others paid? Seems that what I am looking in options is around $40K msrp and so far the best deal I could find at this time is $6200 off which sounds pretty good to me. Please put in your 2 cents......or more. I am here in Southern NJ.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I am looking to buy an automatic RT in the next week. I really would like some opinions from the experienced buyers here on pricing - what I should pay? what would be a great deal? what have others paid? Seems that what I am looking in options is around $40K msrp and so far the best deal I could find at this time is $6200 off which sounds pretty good to me. Please put in your 2 cents......or more. I am here in Southern NJ.
As I said in another post, I traded a car so my deal is a little fuzzy with regards to what I paid for the car. Here's what I can tell you:
1. Some dealers (Tom Ahl in Ohio is one) were discounting over $8K from msrp. This is way past invoice, their holdback, and to be honest I don't know how/why they were discounted that much. I had heard they were a quantity dealer and may have qualified for another $1K from Chrysler per car.
2. I always negotiate a straight sale first, then talk about trade.
3. Current incentives ended on the 3rd; it will be interesting to see what Chrysler does this month.
4. The longer you wait, the more you may save, but the selection gets thinner.
5. I shopped a 500 mile radius, then took that information back to dealers more local. I would fly/drive the distance for the right car and deal, but 400-500 miles is a haul.
6. Depending on how many dealers you speak to you'll run the gamut on some thinking they can still get msrp minus rebates, to ones as I mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations! Don't forget to post some pics.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts