Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car brand new in mid March of 2013. Since then I've taken it to the dealer:

• Twice for TPMS issues which resulted in replaced TPMS receiver modules both times
  • Twice for seatbelt/airbag light/chime issues which resulted in new seatbelts
  • Once for an oil leak
  • Now today I took it in to have them look at a suspected bad bearing in an idler pulley so they took it back to listen to it with their equipment and said they hear the rattling noises from one of the idler pulleys, the tensioneer, and INSIDE the engine.

I love the car, but not this specific one :|

I'm glad I bought the lifetime warranty, it's already paid for itself twice.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
that sucks...hope you get it worked out

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
I bought this car brand new in mid March of 2013. Since then I've taken it to the dealer:

• Twice for TPMS issues which resulted in replaced TPMS receiver modules both times
  • Once for an oil leak
  • Now today I took it in to have them look at a suspected bad bearing in an idler pulley so they took it back to listen to it with their equipment and said they hear the rattling noises from one of the idler pulleys, the tensioneer, and INSIDE the engine.

Lifetime warranty isn't in play yet.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Lifetime warranty isn't in play yet.
Sounds like my mother. Her Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland had to go back for something related to the air-ride compressor. She says "this is going to cost me thousands, I am so worried"

I said....ITS UNDER WARRANTY!

Her - Really? Wow...

Me - :notallthere:

·
Registered
719 Posts
I had a 2013 SRT8 " one of those " after 6 months of minor but aggravating problems the engine management computer fried and bent a rocker shaft on a trip to Florida, no dealer in the Sarasota area could offer a solution and I was told to take it to Miami where they had SRT techs. I wanted it flatbedded there and they said as long as it was running my warrantee wouldn't cover it so i decided to drive it back to Chicago hoping it would blow up but it didn't, I went from 24 mpg to 15 but it made it home. I took it to the dealer the next day where they fixed the rocker shaft and had to order the computer, while waiting for the computer GOD decided me and this SRT8 were going to part for good, he dumped hail the size of golf balls on it totally destroying all top panels and the left front fender, door and 1/4 panel. I looked at it as a sign and took my license plates off cleaned out all personal stuff from the trunk,console and glove compartment and never went near that car again. I went up to the Sales mgrs office and said find me a Hemi Orange SRT8 which I am now driving and love and has been trouble free.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
I had a 2013 SRT8 " one of those " after 6 months of minor but aggravating problems the engine management computer fried and bent a rocker shaft on a trip to Florida, no dealer in the Sarasota area could offer a solution and I was told to take it to Miami where they had SRT techs. I wanted it flatbedded there and they said as long as it was running my warrantee wouldn't cover it so i decided to drive it back to Chicago hoping it would blow up but it didn't, I went from 24 mpg to 15 but it made it home. I took it to the dealer the next day where they fixed the rocker shaft and had to order the computer, while waiting for the computer GOD decided me and this SRT8 were going to part for good, he dumped hail the size of golf balls on it totally destroying all top panels and the left front fender, door and 1/4 panel. I looked at it as a sign and took my license plates off cleaned out all personal stuff from the trunk,console and glove compartment and never went near that car again. I went up to the Sales mgrs office and said find me a Hemi Orange SRT8 which I am now driving and love and has been trouble free.
I remember when you were going through that, you made the right choice. If a person reads many of the posts here regarding issues and getting them resolved I feel many are due to incompetant techs. If the scan tool doesn't give them the exact cause many are stumped.
On my pickup truck I solved the mystery of what was wrong when the dealer "couldn't reproduce" the issue nor find the solution. Once I showed them where they knew I was correct the service writer told me there were 11 other customers with the same complaint and they didn't know what was wrong. Two of them wanted to lemon law their trucks. Technology creates as many if not more problems.

Reactions: USRWDV8

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've had around 11 minor issues but fortunately nothing with the engine. I've got a 2nd car so it hasn't really been a huge deal. Don't ever clay bar your car, the paint quality is crap.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The first one I tried to buy was a 13 Hemi 6-speed. It had been at the dealership forever and I think they still have it right now. It's marked down $7000. I wondered why it never sold...that's odd around here. Maybe it has problems that people notice on the test drive?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

• Once for an oil leak

Lifetime warranty hasn't "paid" for anything. You're still under the 3/36 bumper:bumper. In fact, you're still under the first year, where they replace things like lamps, wiper blades, etc.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems. I took ownership of my around the same time.

I wonder if you have a lifetime warranty, if the dealer is more apt to fix things rather than look for excuses, even while the original warranty is in effect?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts