Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Loose headlight normal? Opinion on Debadging?

Loose headlight normal? Opinion on Debadging?

I had a 08 Dodge Avenger for 10 years before my Challenger and the panels and headlights weren't that well aligned. They were kind of loose, I don't know if it's just Dodge quality or something happened to my car. I just noticed this today. I've had my Challenger in the bodyshop for a couple problems from the factory and additional damages caused at the shop and maybe dealership. They did work on that front bumper area and other areas. My car has had so much issues even before hitting 3000 miles.

Do the attached photos of the headlight look loose?

I just did a full frontal clear bra on the car. It rained a bit on the way back but I quickly wiped off the edges and most of the water on the car. I have to keep it out of the water for 3 days. Socal normally doesn't rain so i'm hoping it stops the next few days. So while installing the film, they had to remove the 6.4 Badging.

What do you think of the car without the badges on the side? Does it look too plain? Should I put it back on?

What do you think of installing protective film on those yellow areas?

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried and failed to delete one of my posts, too. Maybe someone can tell us if it's possible. On all my other forums, it's easy to delete a post.

As for the badges, you should just decide for yourself. It doesn't matter at all what other people think. It's your car and you should do what you think looks best. However, save the badges in case you ever sell the car, and the next owner can decide.

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
Not sure how to fix the title if it's even possible or how to delete and repost
Unfortunately, the thread titles (originating title) can't be edited. Titles in subsequent posts to the thread can be.

Those trims around the headlights have some play in them; on the '15+ (as yours is) its less than the '14 and earlier.

Those older cars had "loose" feeling trims around the headlights, which was normal.

those parts in yellow highlight - they're black gloss plastic, so there's no concern about paint chipping to occur.

For the fender badges - that's your call.

Some like the 'stealth' look to hide that they have the 6.4; but the brakes would be a giveaway unless others don't know the differences between the 5.7 / 6.4 models.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, the thread titles (originating title) can't be edited. Titles in subsequent posts to the thread can be.

Those trims around the headlights have some play in them; on the '15+ (as yours is) its less than the '14 and earlier.

Those older cars had "loose" feeling trims around the headlights, which was normal.

those parts in yellow highlight - they're black gloss plastic, so there's no concern about paint chipping to occur.

For the fender badges - that's your call.

Some like the 'stealth' look to hide that they have the 6.4; but the brakes would be a giveaway unless others don't know the differences between the 5.7 / 6.4 models.
Thanks! yeah if I remove it, it may look like a sleeper if they don't know the little details and when it's moving

aren't the yellow highlight areas also similar to the bumper and susceptible to rock chip? I know I can't wrap the egg crate plastic or the splitter but those areas are smooth and may get damaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts