Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,739 Posts
$4.359/gallon... Meh. I've seen it at nearly $5/gallon but fortunately with some price comparison I can find gasoline for less. For instance on the 13th I paid $4.229/gallon for 91.

Given the fire yesterday at the gasoline processing facility in I think Crockett CA which destroyed at least one storage tank of ethanol and others are suspected of being damaged and will have to be emptied and checked out there is some "talk" gas prices in CA might hit $6/gallon before it is all over.

But don't worry. In not too many years gasoline will be outlawed in CA so we won't have gas prices to complain about.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Unless my math is wrong, that is $1.14/ liter in Canadian, accounting for our shitty dollar. That's about typical of what we pay. I think it's $1.10/ liter here today, which is not bad. Of course I get premium so I don't really pay attention to the regular price. When my 6.4L is thirsty, I fill up and just pay it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just paid $2.75 a gallon for 93 octane here in Dallas at QuickTrip

·
Registered
854 Posts
Az aint far behind at $4 for 91.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,341 Posts
I paid $3.98/gal for 93 at my local BP and that is with the 19 cent increase (38 cent total) gas tax per gallon IL recently imposed (diesel is 45.5 cents tax per gallon). I haven't been to Shell yet.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I paid $4.44 for 91 in SO CA for my 2019 2.0 turbo jeep cherokee. I miss my srt8 jeep but dont miss the mpg.

·
Registered
413 Posts
2.83 Gal for 93 Shell here in FL......yes......Callie sucks for a lot of reasons!

Reactions: Grumpy59

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
$2.75 for 93 @ Shell in Houston this morning

·
Registered
981 Posts
I’m around $3.30 for 91 octane here in the northern Virginia.

Over the past eleven years I’ve lived in Idaho, N California, Texas, S California, Montana, and the DC area. I have concluded that the California cost of living is higher because it’s worth it! By far the best area of the country we have lived or otherwise explored.

It’s just like how I accepted I was going to pay more per mile to drive my beloved Scat Pack rather than a boring commuter car, because it’s worth it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
93 for $2.97 just yesterday in New Hampshire. Sorry........ I'm sure that only makes it worse.'

On the other hand. It doesn't have to be so painful. Maybe you just aren't the car owner California wants. The prevailing opinion and certainly the punitive high gas taxes and pricing for your "state specific blend" suggest the State wants you in an electric car anyway and there is LOTS of Sunny days out your way. Seems to me you could go "all in" with Solar and an electric car and be done with this.

Just sayin. Don't shoot the messenger.......I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,739 Posts
93 for $2.97 just yesterday in New Hampshire. Sorry........ I'm sure that only makes it worse.'

On the other hand. It doesn't have to be so painful. Maybe you just aren't the car owner California wants. The prevailing opinion and certainly the punitive high gas taxes and pricing for your "state specific blend" suggest the State wants you in an electric car anyway and there is LOTS of Sunny days out your way. Seems to me you could go "all in" with Solar and an electric car and be done with this.

Just sayin. Don't shoot the messenger.......I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em.
An electric car has to some an attraction as a commuter car. That the suckers, err sorry taxpayers in other states subsidize EV car sales in CA (which far and away buys the most EVs) just adds to the attraction.

But solar can't charge the car at night. Any power the solar panels supplied to the grid during the day and for which you receive some kind of credit for, you have to buy the power at night to charge your EV. That is if PG&E hasn't cut power due to a forecast of high winds. High winds also mean the wind turbines are idle.

And the solar panels are not cheap. A woman I know looked into a Tesla 3 and had a rep come to her house for a "survey" and the rep spent the entire time trying to sell a whole roof of panels at around around $20K. The woman ended up buying (maybe leasing) the 3 and getting some solar panels, but just 6 or 7, the "bare" minimum. Do not recall how much these cost.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
California is a bad joke that's going to get an even worse punchline.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts