Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 R/T and have been thinking about getting the Mopar Tower Strut Brace. I have also given thought to the long arm Mopar CAI (the one that goes in the fender) and the Diablo tuner/180 T-Stat. I am not one much for racing, but wouldn't mind the MPG increases with the DiabloSport. I use my car as a daily driver and am most concerned with handling. I guess I just want some opinions before I bite the bullet and spend the cash. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I don't think you can gat a CAI, Predator and a stat for $350. I also was told the long arm CAIs aren't good for dailly drivers because they get water into them. Just what I was told I don't have the ling arm one. Mine is just a normal Mopar CAI.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I suggest getting an unlocked and used predator and a 180 deg tstat. You should be able to get both within your budget and get the most bang for your buck.

·
Registered
428 Posts
What are you looking for out of your car?

Sound - the Mopar CAI will give the car a throatier sound, HP gains 1-2 maybe
Strut tower brace - stops the body roll I experienced but probably not needed unless you road course or really like the twisties
Predator - seems to wake up the car, firmer shifts. There is some debate on HP gains but it definately makes the car more fun based on the butt dyno
Thermostat - car runs cooler - requires predator to recalibrate the fans

·
Registered
244 Posts
I bet if you looked on here, LXForums, etc you can probably find a used or new catch can, used predator and new tstat all in your price range and all things you can install yourself. With the predator make sure you get the USB cable or buy one so you can update it from online.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the opinions here. I have done some more research on the Diablosport and am thinking I will hold off for right now. The $350 is birthday play money. I was thinking I might "enrich" my driving experience cheaply, if only by a little bit. I use this car everyday and it is a blast. I do about 30 miles highway and 20 miles in the farmland twisties each way. Yes, that is 100 miles everyday to and from work. After a year and two weeks of ownership, I am at 27K. In the fall, I plan on getting new tires before the slippery stuff hits and then I will probably purchase the SRT shocks/springs at the 50k mark next March.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you still have the stock exhaust, I highly recommend the Blastin' Bob's 2 1/2" Glass Pack Resonator Kit. $200 and had it installed for $40. Great sound and my best investment yet. Does nothing for your mpg's but sure makes a difference in sound. Having said that, I did order the MOPAR Fender Mounted CAI and Predator and anxiously awaiting its arrival next week. Mine is a daily driver too and hopefully getting that much rain in the filter won't become a factor in Texas.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Predator and T-Stat. I have the Predator, Cai and catback and I guy I met has all three plus the 180deg T-Stat in his autmatic R/T and his car pulls much harder. His also has a T/A hood with a functional scoop and a kit that directs the airflow directly into the CAI box. His is a torque monster that runs like the proverbial raped ape on meth, while mine feels less torquey on the low end yet has a vicious raging midrange/top end character. I'm hoping the change to a 180degree T-stat and lowered fan settings make mine run more like his.

One other thing, I run mine without the engine cover to keep the engine bay cooler and it seems to help while the other guy keeps his cover on all the time. He also has the Mopar CAI with the aluminum tube so I would recommend that part w/o hesitation. Kudos also to the Mopar Cat Back exhaust he's running. Great sound and perf. Perfect for an exhaust upgrade on R/Ts and drones about half as much as my Magnaflow Comp. Series catback when MDS kicks in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts