Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Basic things like exhaust and CAI will add some performance, you should notice it, but it wont be extreme. Ive heard putting a tuner (Diablosport or such) will give you some kick that you havent felt before. Im waiting for them to release one for the 2011. Then youre going to supercharger/turbocharger, but then youre talking big bucks.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
tuner, intake, exhaust etc when they start making em.
will probably get a bit oh performance improvement from those.
even still 3.6L is still a V6. I would not drop a ton of coin on performance mods if it was me.
appearance mods baby :bigthumb:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Question, what exactly is a ported throttle body and what does it do? Also, people say you could change out your gears, what does that mean exactly? Sorry new to engine and performance mods. What would be the cost on these things, and they actually would make a difference?

·
Registered
846 Posts
tuner, intake, exhaust etc when they start making em.
will probably get a bit oh performance improvement from those.
even still 3.6L is still a V6. I would not drop a ton of coin on performance mods if it was me.
appearance mods baby :bigthumb:
why not drop coin? I bought my SE for 17,800 brand new...RDP's turbo is going to be around 6,500 exhaust new gears and a few other things would cost about 2k, so for 8,500 I could be running low 12's which puts me at below most new r/t special discount prices and keeping up with most 392's that are slightly modded...sounds like a good deal to me...but to each their own...

·
Registered
607 Posts
why not drop coin? I bought my SE for 17,800 brand new...RDP's turbo is going to be around 6,500 exhaust new gears and a few other things would cost about 2k, so for 8,500 I could be running low 12's which puts me at below most new r/t special discount prices and keeping up with most 392's that are slightly modded...sounds like a good deal to me...but to each their own...
I thought RDP's turbo set up came with exhaust and gears? I guess I was wrong. Glad to hear what you plan on doing though! Love to see those fast SEs!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Question, what exactly is a ported throttle body and what does it do? Also, people say you could change out your gears, what does that mean exactly? Sorry new to engine and performance mods. What would be the cost on these things, and they actually would make a difference?
a ported and polished throttle body simply means making the TB hole (where the air enters bigger i.e. ported) and making the internals smoother which allows a less turbulent air entrance which means more air enters and at a better efficiency...

as for gears, they are referring to the rear end gears...most cars are meant for a balanced every day driving experience with gas mileage in mind...but gears will control how a car gets up and goes...it depends on what you want (most want 1/4 mile type driving times to improve) which means shorter gears...so you get to you 1/4 mile destination faster, but your top end speed will drop in conjunction with that or if you want top end speed you need longer gears but your 1/4 mile time will drop but you get to go faster...semi trucks can have up to 21 gears to help be able to pull heavy loads...lots of really short gears which helps with torque as well...A dealer will not be able to mess with them...but the predator has the option to change the computer to work with the new gears one would install...

·
Registered
846 Posts
I thought RDP's turbo set up came with exhaust and gears? I guess I was wrong. Glad to hear what you plan on doing though! Love to see those fast SEs!
that is not all I am doing...calls have been put into inertia motorsports and I have chatted with RDP...the car will have 4.7 liter stroke with super low compression fully built all the way around with a turbo set up in mind and other mods needed to handle the power... 17k gets me a monster and prices right around the r/t mark ;-)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nice man sounds like you have a good game plan. So youre gonna have a 4.7L V6? Damn...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nice man sounds like you have a good game plan. So youre gonna have a 4.7L V6? Damn...
I will :)

this has gotten a bit off topic...

to the OP...

Give it time there will be ab insane amount of parts out soon enough, especially because the pentastar is going into like 12 different models, the company as a whole is putting its stock into this motor, so the mods will follow and I am sure they will start the normal ones, all the bolt ons... CAI, exhaust, headers etc. for now you could buy a muffler (read some of the exhaust threads) and a tip and take it to a muffler shop and they could put a whole exhaust together for you at a decent price...like someone else said, a drop in K&N and port the throttle body...that will get you started...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Since you mentioned that, I have the '11 SE and am waiting for the CAI, tuner, and pro kit eibach mods to come out. With that being said, you mentioned a drop in K&N filter. Will that actually do anything? I know the TB will, but I dont know if they have them out for the 2011s or not. But will a drop in filter actually produce results?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Since you mentioned that, I have the '11 SE and am waiting for the CAI, tuner, and pro kit eibach mods to come out. With that being said, you mentioned a drop in K&N filter. Will that actually do anything? I know the TB will, but I dont know if they have them out for the 2011s or not. But will a drop in filter actually produce results?
It will do some...nothing major, but I would wait until a full cold air is available...as for the ported TB, all you need is a stock one from dodge and find a shop online or local and bring it to them, have them do it ans swap it out with yours on the car...but do your research of the shop, so you know they wont f--k it up...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.