Dodge Challenger Forum banner

I have a 2015 Base model SXT V6 Challenger, what can I add?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  stevewhite 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 Base model SXT V6 Challenger, completely stock. What are some suggestions you may have towards the improvements in the looks of the car? I do not want to make the car look crazy with way too many mods. The car is black and in my opinion looks great in black. I think the black color makes the car look more serious and sort of elegant in a way. I was thinking of adding a spoiler and tinting all the windows. In the future as I save up more money I plan on getting bigger rims. *so far all I have done to the car is plastic-dip (sort of like a plastic spray paint that can be peeled off in the future) the rims all black.

#2 ·
2015 and up SRT chin spoiler, rear spoiler with back up camera, 8.4" radio, Hellcat air filter box and air catcher tube, take a look @A Guy he has a black Challenger and his under hood paint work looks awesome, for a V6 <<<<<Just kidding, his work is kick a$$. Lowering springs, either Mopar or Eibach. If you can find the "Challenger" side stripe that runs the length of the car, those look good, it runs below the body line and says "Challenger" on the quarter panel. Rear louvers, if you like them. It all subjective of course to your personal choice.

#3 ·
I would agree with your 1st 2 choices being a rear spoiler and window tint. Beyond that, the sky's the limit, and depends on what look you are going for. Lowering springs will really improve the looks IMHO. Side marker and rear reflector tints are easy and cheap DIU mods too.

A Guy

#4 ·
I would agree with your 1st 2 choices being a rear spoiler and window tint. Beyond that, the sky's the limit, and depends on what look you are going for. Lowering springs will really improve the looks IMHO. Side marker and rear reflector tints are easy and cheap DIU mods too.

A Guy
Is that some kind of DUI related thing?
Like, "I was driving home form the bar in reverse and got pulled over and was given an IUD."?

#5 ·
"Do you know why I pulled you over? Your car looks awfully stock to me. Step out of the car."

A Guy

Reactions: Mopar Frank
#6 ·
Okay Marco-- Now that Frank and A-Guy have had their laugh.. My car is all white without a Blackout package which I think is a bit overplayed by now especially on white Challengers.. So what to do?? I do agree with the guys on things to do and I too am working on a budget..

Here is what I've done so far.. Put on sidemarker and rear tail light tint kit, looks great, I've added El wire to my dash-Blue, also just got a Dash Cam as I use my car as a work vehicle and drive all around NY. And corrected the driver side door cup holder irritation..

Here is where I am going this spring.. Updating to a wider tire 255/45r20 better brand- keeping my premium wheels for now, "kinda like them", I will be adding a KN intake-haven't decided to get one with a tune or not.. I will be painting my engine cover, fuse panel box and shock tower caps with Mopar Blue accents along with painting my brake calipers blue as well. My plan is to add just small touches of Mopar Blue..

Future Plans =I have begun shopping for an SRT Chin spoiler as suggested by Frank and I too have the 5.0 radio screen and it sucks compared to the 8.4 Frank mentions but that is a $1500 upgrade but is a total easy DYI from what I've seen before..But getting the spoiler for the backup camera is probably the best way to go when adding the radio, my plan is to save and do both at the same time. As far as lowering springs I agree with the guys it does look better and it is a moderate expense. Me, I am not so sure about that, I drive in and around the 5 boroughs of NYC and not sure that would be a good idea- the roads suck.. Same is true for window tinting, I would have done that day one but they have new laws here and I didn't want to risk a ticket until I know more...

Good luck and post a pic of your ride.

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.