Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,227 Posts
Congrats, I had a 70 Duster 340 which was pretty close to the Dodge Demon, fun car's that's for sure. You should post up a couple pictures, I'm sure a lot of us would like to check it out. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Wonder if we have any Swingers :)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
Nice. Post a photo.

The 340 is one of the best engines ever made by MOPAR. It was conservatively rated at 275 hp, but NHRA factored it up to 325 hp. MOPAR was slick, it took the hp reading at 5,000 rpm, instead of the 6,000 rpm. redline. It was known as the giant killer at the track.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,560 Posts
My neighbor recently bought a 72 duster but when I saw it for the first time from the side (had a rear spoiler) I though "you lucky SOB...you scored a demon". 340 is definitely a BA motor but I always thought it should have been stroked for the Demon model.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'm not so lucky. I'm in the process of restoring mine. Quarters are welded on and a long way to go!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Right when I first started driving in about 78 or 79 my Grampa passed away and he had a 72 Duster that sat in the garage and never was hardly ever driven. I had a bunch of cash saved up and offered it to my Grandma for the Duster (she never drove or had a licence) but she wouldn't sell it to me. She said selling to anyone in the family would just cause problems, man I wanted that car so bad!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Right when I first started driving in about 78 or 79 my Grampa passed away and he had a 72 Duster that sat in the garage and never was hardly ever driven. I had a bunch of cash saved up and offered it to my Grandma for the Duster (she never drove or had a licence) but she wouldn't sell it to me. She said selling to anyone in the family would just cause problems, man I wanted that car so bad!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I know how you feel.

My great uncle had a shotgun and my aunt has/had (who knows at this point) in storage and I offered to buy it off her and she asked me what I needed a gun for...

She's very anti-gun, but it kinda annoyed me that it probably ended up being turned into the police and destroyed.

:bash:

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Back to the current Demon. I woke up and put on Fox Bus. News. Like every other day and just MISSED, but saw later.
A segment where their reporter was at a drag strip in the car on a lane.......BY HIMSELF. He's talking and saying ok I'm going to heat the tires now. Then starts and goes at the slowest imaginable speed. Foot to floor no doubt. Smoke everywhere, then loses it about half way down the track. Started sliding right and left then off to the wall. He got out of it and luckily it stopped. Second time he went straight but DID apply the brake about half way. Hahahaha!
"What did he say that was????" Stuart says.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Fob party?

A Guy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts