Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question about an 09 r/t auto rear end how beafy is it.. i have gone 12.08 @113 w/1.80 60ft... how close am i to breaking this im making around somewhere in the 440 hp range

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have

jba shorties
pypes cat back
cmr tune (trinity)
dmh cut out
ported and polished stock tb
180 t- stat
zex wet kit w/75shot with a plate system
nittos's 555r's

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I'd be more worried about the trans IMO. Does it launch peg-legged or with both tires? You could upgrade to a Quaife LSD, I haven't heard of an auto breaking a differential yet.

Jack

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Your axles will be good to about 550-575 RWHP, beyond that with drag radials or slicks you will want to upgrade to a Getrag, or do better axles with you std rear. Also you do not have an LSD in your car as it sits, that would be a worthwhile upgrade as well...what are your longterm power goals?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pretty much this is all im doing to the car.. for a while so i should get the lsd

and the car launch straight with both tires

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
pretty much this is all im doing to the car.. for a while so i should get the lsd

and the car launch straight with both tires

Yes an LSD would be a worthwhile upgrade.

You can do this...and stay with your stock pumpkin/gears and axles
Quaife ATB Helical LSD Differential 06+ Charger, Magnum, 300 SRT8 6.1L

Or you can do a complete Getrag system which comes with gears/LSD and new axles, this would also be a good option if you intend to do a different gear as there are 3.73 and 3.92 options here, or you can stay 3.06.
Speedlogix | SpeedlogixStore.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts