Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is orange; all the underhood trim is black; my CAI intake tube is black...all very neat and nice! EXCEPT FOR THAT BLASTED YELLOW THING!! Enough's enough, and I couldn't take anymore...so a little color-code matching touch-up paint and some black plastic paint (semi-gloss), and I have now corrected, and made right, the harmonious flow of colors under my hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I thought this post was gonna be about a CAI or headers, you know, to improve the chi flow? :jester: Damn, I love this forum! Makes me realize how little anal I really am, contrary to what all my coworkers like to say... :sneaky:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Good job. Its amazing how that little yellow cap was such a distraction.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought this post was gonna be about a CAI or headers, you know, to improve the chi flow? :jester: Damn, I love this forum! Makes me realize how little anal I really am, contrary to what all my coworkers like to say... :sneaky:
Truth be told, this was less about the flow of colors under the hood (although that did always bother me a bit) and more about having nothing else to do on the car. Its been polished, waxed, quick detailed, had oil changed, etc, etc until there's nothing left to do...but I have to do something with my car every day or two or I just don't feel whole...and this was all I could think of at the time. You may now commence to pitying me and my sad, empty life.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
You may now commence to pitying me and my sad, empty life.
I would, but conscience won't let me. The one that knows all about my own sad, empty life. :icon_lol:

Seriously, that's definitely not the kind of thing I would personally do, but I completely get the need to tinker. I gotta stop myself, sometimes, and it comes across in my posts, I'm sure. Now please tell me that you did color-coordinate the yellow oil dipstick handle! [Ignore the facetious mood]

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would, but conscience won't let me. The one that knows all about my own my sad, empty life. :icon_lol:

Seriously, that's definitely not the kind of thing I would personally do, but I completely get the need to tinker. I gotta stop myself, sometimes, and it comes across in my posts, I'm sure. Now please tell me that you did color-coordinate the yellow oil dipstick handle! [Ignore the facetious mood]
I have left the dipstick handle alone so far, though I did think long and hard about including it in my little project. Ultimately, I figure I should leave it as-is to serve as a monument to my self-control - if I were truly insane, I would have painted it, but since I'm only car crazy, I knew when to say when.

Reactions: USRWDV8

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your car is not "orange", it's Toxic Orange!!! Nice underhood!
That's what I told the guy at the Dodge dealership service desk when I went to get the touch-up paint, but he disagreed. Turns out, it's PVG.

On a related note, Dupli-color's orange MetalCast and VHT's Burnt Copper engine enamel are two spray paints which match pretty damned close to Toxic Orange when making an accessories' paint color match the car's.

The attached pics are some examples I have done in the past.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nice DIY...looks great

·
Registered
675 Posts
FENG SHUI'D Your engine compartment !!!

My car is orange; all the underhood trim is black; my CAI intake tube is black...all very neat and nice! EXCEPT FOR THAT BLASTED YELLOW THING!! Enough's enough, and I couldn't take anymore...so a little color-code matching touch-up paint and some black plastic paint (semi-gloss), and I have now corrected, and made right, the harmonious flow of colors under my hood.
I have left the dipstick handle alone so far, though I did think long and hard about including it in my little project. Ultimately, I figure I should leave it as-is to serve as a monument to my self-control - if I were truly insane, I would have painted it, but since I'm only car crazy, I knew when to say when.
This site is becoming WAY too classy. I like to think I have a vivid Imagination, but I NEVER thought I would read that someone feng shui'd his engine compartment ! You really gave me a good laugh...thanks for the unusual.
Now on the serious side...You do realize that you said "I have left the dipstick handle alone so far". You then go on to describe it as a "monument to your self control". You further say that "I knew when to say when". The slip in your process of self analysis were the words "so far". Even as we chat...that dipstick is calling to you...
You'll be Baaaaack !

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Freud would have something to say about what just went through my mind reading that last post... :wink2::angel:

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this site is becoming way too classy. I like to think i have a vivid imagination, but i never thought i would read that someone feng shui'd his engine compartment ! You really gave me a good laugh...thanks for the unusual.
Now on the serious side...you do realize that you said "i have left the dipstick handle alone so far". You then go on to describe it as a "monument to your self control". You further say that "i knew when to say when". The slip in your process of self analysis were the words "so far". Even as we chat...that dipstick is calling to you...
You'll be baaaaack !
stop it! Get out of my head!!
Aaahhhhh!!!!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Sometimes a dipstick is only a dipstick. :laugh:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sweet. I'm going to do the same sort of thing to my toxic orange this spring. I think I'll go ahead and paint that obnoxious yellow cap this weekend though. I like the way it looks! I want the under-hood part of the car to match the exterior. It just has to happen. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If I only had the time and patience. But for now there is Billet tech. It looks great. you are quite talented. (and a little lonely) LOL.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
That came out really great, need to do mine now. Make a new post once you get the dipstick done, then once I see that, I'll have to do my dipstick too.

Okay, who's in who's head now?

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
Paint the dipstick toxic orange...!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts