Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this article on Autoblog.com (it's about the Chrysler Imperial, but then there is a phrase concerning the Challenger):

"The Imperial poll has ended and, as we sort of guessed, the voters have decided the DCX concept is an unfortunate design rather than a fabulous one. The poll ended with a total of 3,035 votes cast, 65 percent of which were against the poor man's Phantom while 35 percent were for it.

Despite the fact that Chrysler's Imperial Concept did garner favor with a statistically significant number of people, it's still not enough for Chrysler to gear up the factories and start pumping out Imperials again. It's for the best anyways, as the company will need all the capacity it can get when the Challenger goes into production sometime in the not so terribly distant future."

Keeping my fingers crossed here !!! :D ;) :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm sorry but I thought that Imperial was uglier than homemade sin. Who wants yet another knockoff of a 30s Rolls Royce? Cadillac already tried that with the early 80s Seville with disastrous results. I can see the hip-hop crowd maybe going for a car like this... but for us average joes, I say pass me the barf bag! Get rid of this visual atrocity and start bringing on the Challenger!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Legion681 said:
I just found this article on Autoblog.com (it's about the Chrysler Imperial, but then there is a phrase concerning the Challenger):..."The Imperial..concept is an unfortunate design rather than a fabulous one...It's for the best anyways, as the company will need all the capacity it can get when the Challenger goes into production sometime in the not so terribly distant future."
Legion681,

Thanks for the post. It's always encouraging to hear some good positive news. :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
After what I saw at the Detroit auto show, trust me, the decision has already been made to build this car. They're just working out the details.

·
Registered
712 Posts
ChuckG said:
After what I saw at the Detroit auto show, trust me, the decision has already been made to build this car. They're just working out the details.
I hope you're referring to the Challenger and not the Imperial... lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ChuckG said:
The day they will announce officially that the Challenger will be produced, I believe I will let out a scream of victory, a' la caveman style, and most likely it'll be heard all around the globe...
I SO hope you are right, I am having cramps in my hands because I have been keeping my fingers crossed since I saw the first leaked pics in Autoweek in late november...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts