Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Modern cars LAST.

After Almost two years as a daily driver in rain, snow and whatever, I think it still looks pretty good! Has 9,000 miles.
It does look good, especially the red grill (where did you get it?).

Most people do not care for their cars like we do. But they generally are rust free, even in snowy places that dump salt on roads. Better paints help, as well as undercoatings. But the real advantages come from the use of plastic in parts formerly prone to corrosion. The entire nose is plastic. As is much of the rear skin. I believe the entire car could be made of plastic as it does not dent. If the right plastics are used, they are more durable than metal.

Cars built in the 70's were prone to rust on chrome plated bumpers (now gone). Lower portions of front and rear quarter panels were generally "Toast" after 7-8 years. But plastic parts replaced those areas on modern cars. I tapped the wheel wells on my Challenger. They felt like plastic. These were the worst areas for corrosion in years past.

In 40 years, there will be 2014 Challengers that are mostly rust free. They will probably have replacement floor pans that are made of rust free materials available. Yep these Challengers are better in almost every way than their predecessors.

Except for one. The old ones looked better.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I agree with you.....STILL looking good. :D

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Great looking car!

Love the D O D G E on the hood...somehow you pulled it off.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I agree, it does look good! The Honda or whatever back in the weeds is a nice touch by the way. Right where it should be.

·
Registered
2016 PCP ScatPack
29 Posts
That's also a sweet grill next to the car as well!! :)

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Ya yer prejudice......but she does look good............. :5:

BTW what color is that? Deep Water, Blue streak, or Jazz?

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
I really like your license plate. Very clever. The new Challengers certainly have the DNA of the 1970 Challenger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts