Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,606 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. I am suggesting that you just go to a local shop and ask some experts(since you should get more feedback as much as possible) about what ram should you buy.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
That's def to high. That's what I payed for my 2013 R/T brand new with 7 miles on it! Def shop around! Don't be in a hurry and take your time..plenty of good deals out there!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'll guess you are in upstate NY based on your post.

You can get an SRT8 for that amount of money. You might try calling Healey Brothers in Beacon NY to see if they can find you what you want. I've gotten quite a few calls about parting with mine.

Most people who buy these beasts find out too late they are not practical in NYC, and want to be rid of them and are priced accordingly.

Have you ever raced at Lebanon Valley?

·
Registered
716 Posts
That’s too high for an R/T, especially with that mileage and age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^^^ what longdrive said! Take your time! That is the key - there really are a lot of very good deals out there - if you can't find one in your state be willing to travel. You will find one! Good luck.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'll guess you are in upstate NY based on your post.

You can get an SRT8 for that amount of money. You might try calling Healey Brothers in Beacon NY to see if they can find you what you want. I've gotten quite a few calls about parting with mine.

Most people who buy these beasts find out too late they are not practical in NYC, and want to be rid of them and are priced accordingly.

Have you ever raced at Lebanon Valley?
I have also received calls from my local dealer to buy mine - both the 5.7 and my current 6.4. Its funny, this is the first year I have not seen any Challengers on their lot! They usually have them right out front in a pristine spot next to the front door - none to be found this year. Not sure why that is.

Remember why they want your used car - that is where the dealers make their highest profit margins! 2nd to that is their financing. If you know the 4 square method they use - you'll know from insiders this is where a dealer really makes his profits. That and the add on purchases you make in the "Finance" guys office. He isn't really a finance guy - he's their best salesman.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,292 Posts
I too think thats a lil bit high, but not unexpected, at least what Im seeing for my area.
Prices can be very directly related to area, as well with summer being in full swing, market moved to cars & jeeps vs trucks & suv's.
Take your time, shop, shop, shop..plenty fo them around, you'll find just what your looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts