Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys I am in process of purchasing the Eibach Sportline spring kit to give my challenger a 2" drop. The problem is, I heard something about if your car has auto adjusting dampers that you will have to replace your dampers as well to install these springs.

Does anybody know if a 2009 Challenger R/T Automatic transmission has the auto adjusting dampers that I will need to replace? Or am I good to go to install these Eibach Sportline lowering springs?

Thank you so much!

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Hey you guys I am in process of purchasing the Eibach Sportline spring kit to give my challenger a 2" drop. The problem is, I heard something about if your car has auto adjusting dampers that you will have to replace your dampers as well to install these springs.

Does anybody know if a 2009 Challenger R/T Automatic transmission has the auto adjusting dampers that I will need to replace? Or am I good to go to install these Eibach Sportline lowering springs?

Thank you so much!
You don't have that issue with the 'auto R/T, only on the 'stick.

I do recommend changing the shocks...the stock Sachs units are valved more for a soft ride quality. The rebound and compression rates are soft on the OEM units.

I have the Eibach pro-dampers and they are have a firm, damped ride quality, not harsh. You could also go with Bilstein shocks as well.

The Eibach Sportline kits (springs and shocks) have better pricing than trying to buy these separately.

Reactions: snowcat256
1 - 3 of 3 Posts