Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
think the 2nd one looks cleaner, don't care for the surround around the filter on the mopar unit.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,355 Posts
I vote for the mopar CAI, I think it looks like it belongs more.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like the look of the Mopar more but the C&L should give more performance. Prices are close but from what ive seen the Mopar will average about $25-$50 more. Id probably go with the Mopar because i dont expect a huge bump in performance from a CAI. Its more about dressing up my engine as long as it doesnt hurt performance. Im considering going with a BBK when my car comes in. Theyre pretty cheap, give real world numbers on performance, & the wide filter is a different look.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the c&L fits better and flows more air. But there's no room for the catch can. I need the z bracket
The mopar is really tight But has the room for the cc.
I don't want to keep both or have the need for two
Oh decisions decisions.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
why doesn't the catch can fit on the left side of the engine bay? Its where i've seen most people mount them, doesn't look like the C&L extends any further to the left than the throttle body.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tube is bigger that mounts to the tb. The c&L's tube is a huge 4" the hose from the cc is in the way. I have read the c&L flows the most air of any cai on the market or so and has the most square inch of filter. The thing is big. I have felt a difference in performance with the c&L.
I put the mopar on for a few days then switch it to the c&L for a few days. But I still can't decide

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Mopar CAI looks good and will probably please the dealership but the C&L CAI looks more functional as far as performance. Are you going to paint whichever one you keep black?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yea I was thinking, Id like to see C&L offer theirs polished or painted in black or silver for a more finished look. If they did, they would be hands down, my first choice! Price is good & HP increase is top shelf!

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just painted the c&L red. Just like the srt and 6.1 emblem on the covers. When the paint drys I will post up pics. The mopar one I'm going to leave just like it is in case I sell that one. I'm not worried about the c&L one as some one else can paint it to what ever coler they want if I ever sold it

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just painted the c&L red. Just like the srt and 6.1 emblem on the covers. When the paint drys I will post up pics. The mopar one I'm going to leave just like it is in case I sell that one. I'm not worried about the c&L one as some one else can paint it to what ever coler they want if I ever sold it
I've read some reviews on the C&L and people were saying that it caused heatsoak because of the metal tubing. Is that true? Also did you have to change your throttle body to fit the C&L?

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't had it long enough to notice heat soak. But I think they all will heat soak some there only warm air intakes. The c&L is closed in more than the mopar one.
It uses the bottom of the stock air box. And has a top shroud that seals to the hood. The paint is dry so I'll mount it today and post up pics.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Unless you want your engine to suck on hot air, I would get the C&L since it's blocked off well against underhood heat. Mopar one looks good, that's it. Sucks hot air and has a tiny filter.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I have used the C&L and I alternate between it and my Bwoody S&B intake. The tube will heatsoak but it also cools down quicker than other materials. The real concern is not heatsoak of the tube but rather heatsoak of the temperature sensor.

The 4" legmaker is a good route to go.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts