Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
It's really a matter of getting the kit installed first, then deciding on the wheels. If you are re using your wheels and just going to space them out, then you need to measure the top of the tire and the amount of space to the fender

A 2" spacer is pretty large. If you plan to go this route consider extended lug nuts and a spacer that bolts on

That being said, the best way to go about this is to just get wheels that have the fitment for the widebody .

Plenty of people getting around on spacers though

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
126 Posts
Honestly you are way better off getting the appropriate sized rims, spacers (esp. 2 inch spacers!) Move the wheel off center enough that it puts additional leverage on the wheel bearings which can lead to expensive repairs down the line. Besides, if you went widebody, take advantage of that newly available traction you can grab by going to 305's on each corner! 😁

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
126 Posts
Depends, i bought a set of 10" wide hellcat replicas for OE Wheels, they actually measure out to 10.5 from inner bead to inner bead, they are spec'd for rear only, however on my scat pack they clear the front suspension by about half an inch. The reason i bought them was to run a square 295mm tire setup all around and they were the only reasonable 16mm offset off the shelf wheels I could find. At 10.5" you could run 305mm tires on them but they may not clear the front uprights with a 305 tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts