Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so I have a 2009 dodge challenger r/t 6 speed manual. the other day while driving I flashed my brights at someone to let them know to turn their headlights on. since that point my brights got stuck on, my turn signals stopped working and eventually my brights went off and would not work again. also my cluster gauges and dash lights would flash real bright randomly. my check engine light came on as well. when I ran the diagnostic it gave me the codes u1411 and u1403 which I understand are communication codes. also when I tried to turn my headlights off they actually remained on for about a minute. I left it off overnight and when I came back in the morning they all worked properly but after running about 10 minutes it started again. I unhooked the battery for about 10 minutes but the problem remained. my headlights when turned off would turn off then go out and go on repeatedly on it's own. does anyone have any clue what could be going on? I would really appreciate any help.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
sounds like some sort of short.
ask SSDODGE

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Head for the dealership Monday.

Jack

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if I'm still under warranty because I do have a procharger supercharger in the car

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....have you done any modifications or tampered with anything that may be related? If so, that is where I would start first (i.e. sound system, aftermarket lighting, etc.).

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
I don't know if I'm still under warranty because I do have a procharger supercharger in the car
your still under warranty, the only way they can deny a claim the problem would have to be caused from the mod, and they would have to be able to prove the mod caused the problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have done mods, I have put in a sound system and some under dash lighting but they have bit been in the car over a year, I'll look at the knighting maybe something came loose. if that don't work I'll hit up the dealership if I can't figure out anything else I mean it's everything even my windshield wipers are freaking out. once they are on they won't turn off until the car is turned off my horn won't beep when using the key fob but the doors still lock

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have done mods, I have put in a sound system and some under dash lighting but they have bit been in the car over a year, I'll look at the knighting maybe something came loose. if that don't work I'll hit up the dealership if I can't figure out anything else I mean it's everything even my windshield wipers are freaking out. once they are on they won't turn off until the car is turned off my horn won't beep when using the key fob but the doors still lock
....when diagnosing electrical issues, aftermarket modifications and/or tampering is always suspect. I would definitely start there and check for any loose connections, shorts, etc. You may not have had issues up until now but that doesn't mean the problem isn't related. It could have been a latent problem from the start or triggered by a sudden issue in one of the components, wiring, etc.

I hate electrical issues. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully it is an obvious failure and an easy fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts