Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

I am in search of actual reviews or information on which diagnostic scan tool to buy. I want the full equipment, software, drivers, package to purchase. Research so far, states most diagnostic scanners are only compatible for Windows. I was about to purchase the TOAD scanner until I saw it doesn't work on Dodge. TOAD seemed clean and has lots of different abilities unlike the other tools I read about.

Include actual links to the tool that works for you or reviews that you have read online. I am open to all price ranges.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,729 Posts
No direct experience with any of the OBD2 tools specifically for Dodge vehicles.

But check out this link:

Some tools are reviewed. You'll have to read the details to see which one you believe suits your needs then go to the company's web site and read the details to be sure it does what you want.

I have never used a wireless/bluetooth tool. I prefer the plug in/stand alone variety. For other cars I used Actron and Auto X Ray tools. The Actron unit was generic but worked very well. The Auto X Ray was a more powerful tool in that it provided for graphing of say O2 sensor voltage readings.

Neither were specific to Dodge vehicles though. I have not yet needed a Dodge specific OBD2 tool for my Scat Pack.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I've never heard of a Dodge specific ODB-II scanner before. That said, this 30 dollar Autel unit works beautifully on foreign and domestic vehicles. I use it on my 2015 Challenger without issue.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Newer Dodge products can be hard to scan. 2018+ I believe. Even with our $4000 scanner we need an additional subscription that gives us a gateway key for access.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts