Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats done is done, I kinda hate myself but ill be happier when I get the car :) :(

I was hoping to order a 17 but they took them off production so I got zero incentives and the price was higher, rip my account.

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts
Why would you want the 17? If you waited a couple of months, the incentives will be there and depending on how long it takes for the car to arrive they just might be back. The auto industry can’t survive without them. There was a story years back calling them the mister that Detroit can’t kill.
It’s a car, it’s an optional choice you chose to undertake, we all did it too so why make it like you’re at a disadvantage?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Yes, let us know what you did. Don't be upset. There will be 17s on sale but you have to pick from what is left over.......
although that is what I did and couldn't be happier. Regardless get what YOU want. PLEASE now tell us about it.
We are here for you.......... (and have nothing better to do!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it 6 speed manual with zero options because of the extra cost I had to spend. I plan to get wheels for it and all that so I didnt feel the need to get the performance package (just my personal opinion on the brakes). And black! I wanted to get a sunroof but the payments were a bit out of budget.

I have a 5% employee discount but I needed to use it by january 1st so I had to buy now (needed to have the car delivered by that date).

Thanks for the support guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would you want the 17? If you waited a couple of months, the incentives will be there and depending on how long it takes for the car to arrive they just might be back. The auto industry can’t survive without them. There was a story years back calling them the mister that Detroit can’t kill.
It’s a car, it’s an optional choice you chose to undertake, we all did it too so why make it like you’re at a disadvantage?
Funny I live in Detroit (currently). What seems to suck about incentives is that they change from month to month so I have no idea how much ill pay when I get my car.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Ya know, if you wait a little bit you will get 20% off on one. You can get a loaded one for the price of your bare one.
Go to Dodge.com and you can search all the scats within 200 miles and check on the dealers website. They are all way different deals. I got a GREAT one and got katzkin thrown in. AWSOME lease deal to buy for a great price. Truly I would rather have the toys, (convenience, HK, etc.) Than a one year newer stripped one for the same price.....approximately.

But do what YOU want to do. Just don't think there aren't any more so you have to order. I got a dealer in Ill. that specializes in the older new ones WELL discounted. Make you happy, whatever that may be. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts
You sound from your wording to be too close to the margin in affording the car, it is just a car and not with choking on or possibly dinging your credit rating. Sadly there have been more than a few here who bought and then had to bail not long after. Money in the bank is the MOST COMFORTING feeling there is. Debt is the most unnerving thing out there.
As stated above look for any 17 6 speed that affords you some options while also coming in at a great price.
You never replied earlier, will this be a weekend car or a daily driver?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You sound from your wording to be too close to the margin in affording the car, it is just a car and not with choking on or possibly dinging your credit rating. Sadly there have been more than a few here who bought and then had to bail not long after. Money in the bank is the MOST COMFORTING feeling there is. Debt is the most unnerving thing out there.
As stated above look for any 17 6 speed that affords you some options while also coming in at a great price.
You never replied earlier, will this be a weekend car or a daily driver?
Nah I can defiantly afford the car, I'm an electrical engineer in Detroit working for the big 3. I make about 90k per year and my bills are about 1k per month. I'm just salty the price listed on the dodge.com site was about $5000 off what I paid. I feel scammed. But either way I didn't want any options other than the sunroof and leather seats but I could go without either.

I plan to mod the shit out of the car so I felt getting many of the options would be pointless and I'm not worried about making payments, I could buy 3 of them if I wanted to.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The are incentives out there now for '18s. If you ordered they will probably be better when you get your car in a month or so.

Mine is "due" this month and there are about $2k in incentives I qualify for and I have another $500 special discount from dodge

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You should have looked at Dodge.com BEFORE going to order it. And then deducted about 13%.
I did everyday for a month literally but they don't have to 2018s on their site yet, and they wouldnt let me order the 17s.

Is there a way to check incentives outside of the mercy of the dealership? Because the site does not really tell me anything

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
694 Posts
The 18s are on the website. At the top, just left of the 2017 click on "view 2018 model" in black. It's half-way hidden.
The incentives will show when you get to the summary at the bottom of the "build and price" where it shows payments and pricing info. Of course, there is a whole lot of hocus-pocus that happens at dealerships too....

Make sure you put in your zip code at the top so the incentives are accurate. They are showing $1250 for my zip code on 2018s and $2750 for 2017's. The interest rates are better for 17's too, but the 17's in my area are pretty dried-up. Unless you want Yellow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 18s are on the website. At the top, just left of the 2017 click on "view 2018 model" in black. It's half-way hidden.
The incentives will show when you get to the summary at the bottom of the "build and price" where it shows payments and pricing info. Of course, there is a whole lot of hocus-pocus that happens at dealerships too....

Make sure you put in your zip code at the top so the incentives are accurate. They are showing $1250 for my zip code on 2018s and $2750 for 2017's. The interest rates are better for 17's too, but the 17's in my area are pretty dried-up. Unless you want Yellow.
Thanks, That was pretty accurate to what I was quoted / incentives given. None the less the site is way too hard to navigate for a 2018. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Awesome. Not everyone wants a fully loaded car. I wanted mine optioned a very specific way when I ordered it. One of the cool things about ordering a car is the window sticker.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts

Yellow Challengers are the fastest Challengers, lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts