Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post on the forum. On 3/19 I placed my order for my fully loaded Toxic Orange Challenger 392 SRT-8, with 6 speed manual! I am so excited and looking forward to this new super-hot ride.

I only plan two big mods, Corsa exhaust and the Web Electric sequential turn signal kit. I am also ordering a bunch of other goodies, such as Lloyds mats.

The exhaust is the new for 392 Corsa Xtreme cat back system, I have been in contact with Corsa, and they will start shipping them April 4th. My performance shop has already ordered mine. The Part # is 14424.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the hair pulling, spit flying, annoying wait...lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome.
I ordered a TO srt8 392 as well. Did you order it with stripes?
Also, welcome to the addiction of watching your car move through the build/delivery process.
How much was the exhaust? Does the sales department have a video of the exhaust in action?

Good Luck

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
yes welcome...(excuse while I spit and cuss a few times) the waiting is just so fun! NOT!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Ok, let me gaze into my crystal ball...

There will be a little quiet waiting, then a few questions, a quick built-up of anxiety, some more questions, a lot of story telling between us friends, Huggytree will scold you for ordering at all and not buy from dealer inventory, a few more questions, an ambiguous update or two, a little quiet crying/soul searching, lots of status checking, more quiet crying, then a lot more status checking.

And through it all, we will be right here as your very own support group.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Amen brother, you hit the nail on the head!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
yes well said Tin....and oh so true ;) At least when I am home I can drink many cold beverages to pass the time...watch my bar tab increase ;) lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks Tin, you made me laugh.... I was so pissed this morning with my 392 sitting at built pending inspection for its 5th day,and the damn Journey sitting at the railroad yard in Mexico since the 22nd... AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! There I feel better... Thank god for this support group... It would get expensive if we had to pay for it.LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you think it's bad now, it actually gets worse. You think, " oh, my car is built and inspected, it will ship soon." the wait is really after all that. I haven't head of anyone's car shipping in weeks. I've been sitting in KZ with a paper receipt for over a week.

·
Registered
402 Posts
rofl - that's some crystal ball Tin, I've got some commodity picks I'm going to need you to look over later. ;)

If you think it's bad now, it actually gets worse. You think, " oh, my car is built and inspected, it will ship soon." the wait is really after all that. I haven't head of anyone's car shipping in weeks. I've been sitting in KZ with a paper receipt for over a week.
KZ for 17 days & mine FINALLY apparently caught a truck to Detroit last night (to catch a train who knows when). Hang in there. There is movement, just @ snails pace.

Also, just fyi, talked to my dealer last week - pretty small volume - said they have 23 vehicles "in transit", which is unusually high - that's probably half their lot?! Though the trucking thing may not directly affect some, it's probably causing some serious logistical shenanigans.

·
Registered
323 Posts

There will be a little quiet waiting, then a few questions, a quick built-up of anxiety, some more questions, a lot of story telling between us friends, Huggytree will scold you for ordering at all and not buy from dealer inventory, a few more questions, an ambiguous update or two, a little quiet crying/soul searching, lots of status checking, more quiet crying, then a lot more status checking.

Welcome to the forum.

1st - I wanna know where the line is where they pass out the daily doses of Prozac?
2nd - How many clicks are you allowed per day to check your build status before you are considered mentally unstable (Insane) ? I think I've reached the limit!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, I order my Toxic Orange with the gray stripes. Regarding the Corsa Xtreme, here is what Corsa sent me:

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Xtreme (manual)

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Hey, I went to status KZ yesterday woot!

And the roller coaster goes up. LOL

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey, I went to status KZ yesterday woot!

And the roller coaster goes up. LOL
I went KZ today.... DAMMIT its the JOurney... AAHHHHHHHH! 392 still has not been inspected... I swear they lost the freaking thing... The Journey is coming from Mexaco and says 4/15 at dealer. So I guess you could say I am on the wrong damn coaster. LOL

·
Registered
421 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Can I add to this from my little headache with my screwed up order?
Since you ordered a T. O. (Terrel Owens? LOL) the assembly plant will send you a black in an automatic with the 430n radio, no sunroof, they will put black stripes on your car and give you the wheels that you dont want. Oh yeah, since you ordered a SRT, the will ship you an SE. Then when you refuse the car, the dealer will expect you to take it. Then they will say, what a beautiful car this is. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
99 Posts
RonsSRT. Sorry to hear you had problems with your order. What a bummer to wait that long and then find out. Is there a way to tell by the vin whether the car is an auto or stick?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts