Dodge Challenger Forum banner

I ordered my 2011 Challenger 392 SRT-8

7K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  huggytree 
#1 ·
Hi, this is my first post on the forum. On 3/19 I placed my order for my fully loaded Toxic Orange Challenger 392 SRT-8, with 6 speed manual! I am so excited and looking forward to this new super-hot ride.

I only plan two big mods, Corsa exhaust and the Web Electric sequential turn signal kit. I am also ordering a bunch of other goodies, such as Lloyds mats.

The exhaust is the new for 392 Corsa Xtreme cat back system, I have been in contact with Corsa, and they will start shipping them April 4th. My performance shop has already ordered mine. The Part # is 14424.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

#5 ·
Welcome.
I ordered a TO srt8 392 as well. Did you order it with stripes?
Also, welcome to the addiction of watching your car move through the build/delivery process.
How much was the exhaust? Does the sales department have a video of the exhaust in action?

Good Luck

#6 ·
#9 · (Edited)
Ok, let me gaze into my crystal ball...

There will be a little quiet waiting, then a few questions, a quick built-up of anxiety, some more questions, a lot of story telling between us friends, Huggytree will scold you for ordering at all and not buy from dealer inventory, a few more questions, an ambiguous update or two, a little quiet crying/soul searching, lots of status checking, more quiet crying, then a lot more status checking.

And through it all, we will be right here as your very own support group.

Welcome to the forum.

#15 ·
1st - I wanna know where the line is where they pass out the daily doses of Prozac?
2nd - How many clicks are you allowed per day to check your build status before you are considered mentally unstable (Insane) ? I think I've reached the limit!!!

#19 ·

There will be a little quiet waiting, then a few questions, a quick built-up of anxiety, some more questions, a lot of story telling between us friends, Huggytree will scold you for ordering at all and not buy from dealer inventory, a few more questions, an ambiguous update or two, a little quiet crying/soul searching, lots of status checking, more quiet crying, then a lot more status checking.

And through it all, we will be right here as your very own support group.

Welcome to the forum.

Can I add to this from my little headache with my screwed up order?
Since you ordered a T. O. (Terrel Owens? LOL) the assembly plant will send you a black in an automatic with the 430n radio, no sunroof, they will put black stripes on your car and give you the wheels that you dont want. Oh yeah, since you ordered a SRT, the will ship you an SE. Then when you refuse the car, the dealer will expect you to take it. Then they will say, what a beautiful car this is. :bigthumb:

#10 ·
Amen brother, you hit the nail on the head!

#12 ·
Thanks Tin, you made me laugh.... I was so pissed this morning with my 392 sitting at built pending inspection for its 5th day,and the damn Journey sitting at the railroad yard in Mexico since the 22nd... AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! There I feel better... Thank god for this support group... It would get expensive if we had to pay for it.LOL

#23 ·
My car sat in built pending inspection for 5 days too. It should move soon. Or at least update soon. LOL

#13 ·
If you think it's bad now, it actually gets worse. You think, " oh, my car is built and inspected, it will ship soon." the wait is really after all that. I haven't head of anyone's car shipping in weeks. I've been sitting in KZ with a paper receipt for over a week.

#14 ·
rofl - that's some crystal ball Tin, I've got some commodity picks I'm going to need you to look over later. ;)

If you think it's bad now, it actually gets worse. You think, " oh, my car is built and inspected, it will ship soon." the wait is really after all that. I haven't head of anyone's car shipping in weeks. I've been sitting in KZ with a paper receipt for over a week.
KZ for 17 days & mine FINALLY apparently caught a truck to Detroit last night (to catch a train who knows when). Hang in there. There is movement, just @ snails pace.

Also, just fyi, talked to my dealer last week - pretty small volume - said they have 23 vehicles "in transit", which is unusually high - that's probably half their lot?! Though the trucking thing may not directly affect some, it's probably causing some serious logistical shenanigans.

#17 ·
Hey, I went to status KZ yesterday woot!

And the roller coaster goes up. LOL

#18 ·
Hey, I went to status KZ yesterday woot!

And the roller coaster goes up. LOL
I went KZ today.... DAMMIT its the JOurney... AAHHHHHHHH! 392 still has not been inspected... I swear they lost the freaking thing... The Journey is coming from Mexaco and says 4/15 at dealer. So I guess you could say I am on the wrong damn coaster. LOL

#24 ·
Congrats on your order!!! I just purchased a loaded left over 2010 SRT8 in Tored and its a beast, I went 12.97 on its first day at the track with 750 miles on the clock. I would have ordered 2011 but I didnt see Tored red as an option. If they decide to make it in tored and the 1/4 mile times are in the low 12's , I may have to upgrade next year. I have only had my car for a week or so but I'm sure that 392 will be worth the wait. :cheers:

#25 ·
Gratz on your new car. Sounds like it runs pretty strong!

#27 ·
Just curious if when you order a new SRT did you get any discount off MSRP?

The only discount I know of would be bewteen you and your dealer. My dealer ordered mine at dealer invoice (a lot less than MSRP).

#30 ·
Dude, I am 8 days out from KZ and counting with no updates.

If anyone from dodge is reading these threads, I would sure like to have my car.

#29 ·
ConGrats!

Hi, this is my first post on the forum. On 3/19 I placed my order for my fully loaded Toxic Orange Challenger 392 SRT-8, with 6 speed manual! I am so excited and looking forward to this new super-hot ride..................
No matter what you hear, no matter what anyone says.. Hunker down and HANG ON...... IT'LL BE WORTH THE WAIT ! :thumbsup:

Good Luck, Congrats and Enjoy!

#32 ·
RonsSRT: I see the status for your replacement car in in "Reset Customer Comment". Does anyone know what this means. My car was in paper receipt status as of 3/30 and has been at "Reset Customer Comment" since 4/4/11. It moved through the build process quickly, but I'm really puzzled with this status.

#33 ·
RonsSRT: I see the status for your replacement car in in "Reset Customer Comment". Does anyone know what this means. My car was in paper receipt status as of 3/30 and has been at "Reset Customer Comment" since 4/4/11. It moved through the build process quickly, but I'm really puzzled with this status.
I'm as baffled as you are. On my mistake car, I never saw this at all. I was thinking that it was added to my status because I was in contact with an assembly plant supervisor a few days ago. I'm a regular/weekly caller to them and I constantly voice my displeasure on how my first order was built wrong. Have you called the 800 number at all to findout your status or where your car is? I actually have a case number and am actually getting a free max care 7 year/80,000 mile extended warranty from Chrysler for someones screw up of building my first car as a stick instead of an automatic like I ordered.

#35 ·
1-800-992-1997
When you call it's a voice recording before you actually get a person. You'll be asked why you're calling (you're looking for new vehicle information, you're calling about a Dodge). You will also need either your vehicle's VON or the last 8 digits of your VIN number. If you call enough, they will actually make a file for you and give you a case number. I call once a week, usually on a Thursday or Friday if I dont see any movement on my car on Insight.

#36 ·
I am going to call in the morning!

This is crazy waiting. I am really happy for you guys that have seen movement, and more so those of you who have cars on trains. I have been waiting here with you guys and some of the orders where placed after mine and look like you will be getting your cars before me. Kudos to you guys. I just think I may loose my support group and I will be left here just holding a window sticker...lol sort of, wimper wimper....

#37 ·
Nah, I actually think I'll be the last one standing on this one, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.