Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered the ram air T/A hood.
Ive been batting this around for months and its finally time and it seems it will work into my future plans for a blower as well.
Autoform (Steve) he is updating his web site asap as the pics do no justice to the finished product I have seen.
This was a no brainer Autoform is right up the road from me approx 6 miles.

Autoform has been producing Vipers roofs and wings for years his hoods have some of the best finish work I have seen to date.
When it arrives all you have to do is paint no prep what so ever. Thats huge on the wallet as no prep before paint is needed thats not the case with other set ups.

I personally think he hit a serious homerun on his shaker and T/A kits the T/A hoods Ive seen out there are too boxy.Autoform went way beyond the competition and really put some work into the lines and contours of the scoops,and cowls.
They got as close to heritage as one can get.
His shaker can be fitted with either the T/A snorkel or the standard shaker cowl and its easy on and off two bolts.With the shaker and the snorkel you can also run a bigger air filter if you choose you can also turn around the rain shield on the standard shakker to draw more air.Autoform developed one hell of a set up worth every dime IMO.

Any questions contact Steve at autoform or hit me up as well.
I have been to his shop many times since we first met and Im very impressed with his work! This guy produce's art !

You who order will not be sorry.Just realize there is a 4 week wait maybe 6 tops as he hand makes all his parts with his crew...
4 persons total touch your hood till its shipped thats where Steve hit a home run,in his attn to detail..
So understand this isnt a huge Walmart type depot your stuff is hand laid and finished by a few people not 10 -20 on an assembly line. This is what put Steve on the map with all the viper guys! Qaulity,qaulity,qaulity!

Want a cuda look for your ride talk with Autoform he has some neat stuff for Challenger/cuda conversions.

Want a v-10 cuda call autoform

Picture's coming asap however if you need any info contact steve at Autoform Holland,MI (616) 392-4909 or shoot me a Pm here at CT.
Hope this helps you guys out a bit who are on the fence with a shaker hood or T/A hood set up.
Tell him Notsure sent yah from CT he will hook you up as we are friends.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Nice Mike, can't wait for the pics, how bout a documentary of the hood from start to finish it could be very educational for all...can't wait to see it bro :guiness::guiness::guiness:

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Cool; im interested to see some more pics as i have to pay double the price (shipping to Germany) so i have been really cautious of which T/A setup i want as its a one shot deal!

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great idea Jeff!
LOl, a mini series if you will.
Its all about getting the info out there to our brothers thats always been the mission :)

They do have a great pictorial for the shaker set up,and nothing on the T/A hood.
It will be several weeks,and I will stop in to get pics during the process and string them all together as Jeff suggested.

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If your like me and looking for ram air options you may be seeing that the Mopar hood coming out soon has the TA snorkel hood and its to broad in width.It looks good don't get me wrong ,but not great!Cost $1600.00 +unpainted plus shipping

Cervinis stuff is great,actually excellent however their TA hood (snorkel) is way to boxy with no contours to compliment the car and hood area,just IMO.It looks like they slapped a box on the hood and didn't address any design concerns.Cost $ ?.

The AFR TA hood has all smoothed contour lines which flow with the front end of the car as the originals did.The side of the AFR Snorkel is swept back it looks OEM.
Plus it is a Real Ram air intake! I like how AFR on their shakers has just a goose neck from the hood right to the throttle body makes for a short flow route for air to go directly into the TB and not snake thru CAI intake tubing to get air to the engine..Very smart design more direct air more hp !
The snorkel opening area is more accurate in size than any other I have seen to date thus making this an easy decision,and a true TA ram air hood IMO..Cost $1100.00 unpainted plus shipping.

I was impressed to say the least and will get pics asap to you all.My decision was hinged on the cost ,design and function.

If needed pm me I will help in any way I can as its always about sharing.
AFR is a small shop, big quality so not to worry one bit,and they are right up the street from me if needed.

Steve has been working with the viper guys for many years now,and is very well known,and liked.If you know the viper guys that isn't easy!!
Ill stop in at AFR this week and get some pics of the TA snorkel,and hood for you all to see.

Steve can ship anywhere and considering his price isn't that bad his set-up is the one for many I feel.

·
Registered
207 Posts
great to see you getting this new hood notsure will be contacting you soon regarding the shakerhood im enterested in to go along with my 426 build that I hope to have done by cf2 in the fall talk to ya soon.

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Tell me Cfest didnt get the blood a pumping again:)

Thats one hardcore crew,and the builds,and variations where sick.No two were alike!
Each build was a tribute to the drivers passion for the car and it eewwzzed from every angle.
So much has gone on in a year its amazing actually...
Tell me us stock guys were'nt biten,but good by the beast.:browsmiley:

Its funny how I run each car thru my head daily since that event.
Impact baby!!!:thumbsup:

great to see you getting this new hood notsure will be contacting you soon regarding the shakerhood im enterested in to go along with my 426 build that I hope to have done by cf2 in the fall talk to ya soon.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Tell me Cfest didnt get the blood a pumping again:)

Thats one hardcore crew,and the builds,and variations where sick.No two where alike!Each build was a tribute to the drivers passion for the car and it ozzed from every angle.
So much has gone on in a year its amazing actually...
Tell me us stock guys were'nt biten,but good by the beast.:browsmiley:

Its funny how I run each car thru my head daily since that event.
Impact baby!!!:thumbsup:
Mike, you hit it on the head!!

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
:thumbsup:afknine

There is no cure,no snake bite kit.lol..I suspect your thinking what Im thinking,lol..
Only cure is to just pull out the check book,and pen.It is going to be a fun ride tell me that was'nt obvious by the proud owners we encountered..

Hey here is a quick link from AFR's web site on some of there goodies.
http://www.autoformgroup.com/autoformgroup/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=51&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Here is a link to the TA hood: Keeping in mind the thru holes for the ram air had not been cut as this was the mock up(this is a ram air system).
Ill get side shots soon.
See what I mean the contours and lines just from the front are what Ive been talking about as so much work went into this design,and pre fab.AFR is working on their web site as well so this is just a taste in a sense.
http://www.autoformgroup.com/autoformgroup/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=161&category_id=78&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Here is the shaker set up!
http://www.autoformgroup.com/autoformgroup/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=157&category_id=78&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

SE ram air kit: Id be all over this mod if I owned and SE.

http://www.autoformgroup.com/autoformgroup/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=160&category_id=76&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Mike, you hit it on the head!!

·
Banned
484 Posts
Congrats Mike, its gonna look awsome. Your right, cf got me wanting to lower my girl real bad. Just looking at how good Jeff and J and George and chucks cars sit, its all i can think about..

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I hear that loud and clear Justin,that is a big consern of mine as well.

Jeff 70T/A has some great ideas on modding the suspensions shoot him a pm..We just talked about this the other day and he has massive knowledge of suspension upgrades,thats obvious :)
You have been biten as well,lol.:thumbsup:
Im still trying to pull the fangs,out!LOL.

Hope all is going good down south Im thinkin BBQ,lol..
Give a shout out to Brook for us please,sweet girl there buddy!

Keep on keepin on.

Congrats Mike, its gonna look awsome. Your right, cf got me wanting to lower my girl real bad. Just looking at how good Jeff and J and George and chucks cars sit, its all i can think about..

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
The AFR TA hood has all smoothed contour lines which flow with the front end of the car as the originals did.The side of the AFR Snorkel is swept back it looks OEM.
Plus it is a Real Ram air intake! I like how AFR on their shakers has just a goose neck from the hood right to the throttle body makes for a short flow route for air to go directly into the TB and not snake thru CAI intake tubing to get air to the engine..Very smart design more direct air more hp !
The snorkel opening area is more accurate in size than any other I have seen to date thus making this an easy decision,and a true TA ram air hood IMO..Cost$ 11100.00 unpainted plus shipping.
I hope you have one too many zero's in that price?!:huh:

Im torn between shaker and TA hood. I like having choices, I hate making decisions

Mike

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOl, Oops corrected that thankyou.
Its all about personal taste,and what flips your wig.
Id say the shaker is more accurate to the heritage of the vehicle.

I hope you have one too many zero's in that price?!:huh:

Im torn between shaker and TA hood. I like having choices, I hate making decisions

Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
If your like me and looking for ram air options you may be seeing that the Mopar hood coming out soon has the TA snorkel hood and its to broad in width.It looks good don't get me wrong ,but not great!Cost $1600.00 +unpainted plus shipping
is this a different hood than the one thats currently on the market from Mopar Performance? a friend of mine has the current one and it's "non-functional" and would love to make if 'functional'.

also, if you order the Mopar Performance Hood through your local dealer, there shouldn't be any 'shipping' if you pick it up at the dealer. the dealer isn't charged shipping from the depot to them unless you order it "Special Handling".

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yes,its the new mopar 10 hood fully functional ,its due out over the next year,and there is no way to get one now there is no part number issued,yet.

is this a different hood than the one thats currently on the market from Mopar Performance? a friend of mine has the current one and it's "non-functional" and would love to make if 'functional'.

also, if you order the Mopar Performance Hood through your local dealer, there shouldn't be any 'shipping' if you pick it up at the dealer. the dealer isn't charged shipping from the depot to them unless you order it "Special Handling".
Agreed,
It was knee jerk putting shipping in for the mopar hood however the hood will have to be painted to match,and installed that could push it well over 2k that is if all that isnt included.

All I was given on that specific product (Mopar ram air hood)was a ball park price point with no date of release.
The mopar full function hood is still a ways off for the consumer to get a hold of when I hear news from Bob you'll hear the news.

Hope this clears up any questions you had.:thumbsup:
One big plus that I like about the AFR hood as it is ready to paint no prep time that can push the $$$ up on the install of the other hoods offered .Plus, I like AFR's design its all what one likes and prefers.

At least now we have a choice with several vendors putting out some nice product its all about what one prefers.
There is no right or wrong when it comes down to your hard earned money and what you like.This is an exciting time to own these cars as some great mod's emerge.

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Im seeing Steve at Autoform this week, look for more pics on this thread.

If you all have any questions post em up here under this thread or pm me and I will do my best to address them with Steve personally when I see him.

I dig going to his shop and seeing all the vipers being worked on, its heaven!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Will the SE Ram Air kit bolt to the underside of the mopar TA hood? and will the duct direct airflow to the factory air box location? If so i think i may buy one of these to work with my factory TA hood. It looks like it should fit and would do a better job than what i have already, it would leave the option open to install an aftermarket CAI if i wanted to.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Notsure keep us posted on the details

BW

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm discussing it with them now, the plate isn't a perfect fit yet but we're trying to figure something out that will work.

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt want to answer your question as Steve is the prefab master,and he will only know if its a fit or not on this item..I was going to ask him on Friday when we meet,however its good you talk with him as well he is a great guy!

Interesting indeed.. :) You have stumbled onto a possible new product for the non functioning mopar hoods..Killer!!
Keep us all informed brother!

I'm discussing it with them now, the plate isn't a perfect fit yet but we're trying to figure something out that will work.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts