Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has thought of integrating an I-pad (or other equally technically advanced device) into the dash. Would there be anyway to integrate/replace the stereo/radio, Heater Controls, seat heaters into an Ipad?

Just a thought that has been tumbling around in my head for the last week...:scratchhead:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After seeing one in use.. (Thaaaaank you Google!) I have to say I wasn't impressed. Ipads being notoriously dim in sunlight, and the fingerprints show up really bad in the video (if you're OCD like me). Nevertheless, it might be cool for the people in the back that don't get to drive!

But Check it out here: One good in-dash iPad deserves another | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm in the process of building a PC into my dash, its been a long process cause the PC was built for a chrysler 300 which i had but the nav opening is a little smaller in the challenger so iv been working on slimming it down.

There is a guy on mp3car.com that put a PC in his challenger if you wanna find it his name is "challenged" search him on the site and you can check out his install.

I personally wouldnt want an ipad in my car because it only has 1 usb port... that right there is why i would never want one, i have to many peripherals

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
The iPad might even be wider than the center stack in the dash itself - I'd be concerned that it could create a greater theft potential since this is the "have it" item of late.

Rember when iPods were being stolen a lot? This would be the next "thing".

Plus, I don't really think it would look all that great in this car - that big glossy screen...maybe in a more "modern" looking car perhaps.

Then again, I think the theft potential would be a concern.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I had always planned on putting my mac mini in the challenger, even bought the computer just for it. But, never got around to it. Had a couple threads started over on mp3car but never went through with the whole thing. Now that someone has done it, that might inspire me to pick it up again. Hmm... Looking for the thread now...

·
Registered
147 Posts
You'll want to look at this. I don't think it's out yet, but it looks like what you are talking about. It allows you to take your iPad with you and has places to plug in for power and connection to the speaker system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts