Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's official. I should have gone with the Plum Crazy or Detonator Yellow even though the wife wanted black. Whew... Good to get that off my chest. Still, life ain't bad even with a brilliant black chally. First step is admitting it after all.... Happy Wife, Happy Life.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Ok, it's official. I should have gone with the Plum Crazy or Detonator Yellow even though the wife wanted black. Whew... Good to get that off my chest. Still, life ain't bad even with a brilliant black chally. First step is admitting it after all.... Happy Wife, Happy Life.

I did the same exact thing. I should have known better, black has always made me nuts.

I sold mine, now getting white. The situation will be fixed soon for me.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Let her wash it. :)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
WHITE IS RIGHT!

Just alot easier to keep clean. Cooler in the summer Texas sun too. Maybe working with fleets that always use white had an influence. Black would have been nice, but I didn't like the metallic black. TX9 - Tuxedo Black should be on these.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I test drove a Black one, I really like Black but like we all know is a sumbtch to keep clean. It was hard not to just buy it but I waited till I got the color I wanted.

·
Banned
484 Posts
I messed up too. I got an auto. There was a black 6spd(still there a year later) and my PCP auto that was an order for someone who could not afford it. My car had to be PCP, but i wanted a stick, but i figured if i did not take this one, i would never find another one. wrong. they were every where for a few months. Oh well, live and learn. Anbody wanna swap transmissions and rears?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Fortunately we bought a car that every color offered works really well, in spite of the folks that want it offered in every color under the rainbow. I wanted a silver SRT or even better a SW, but "settled" on the Torred because I was buying in April 2009 with the shutdown looming, so it was a take what they had market. Fortunately I have grown to love the red, and I have friends with all the other colors so it worked out great.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I see several black Challengers around N. VA and they always catch my eye - because they're cleaned everyday before hitting the road.

I ended up with TorRed cause always wanted a red muscle car since my old friends had them back in the day. One cool thing about this red is at night under parking lot lights it looks orange tho probably because of the yellow tinted halogens.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I wanted a PCP Challenger from day one, but they never made it. So I ordered a white '09 6-speed the day the order banks opened. The car was diverted to someone else (presumably a Chrysler employee) and I never got it. I was so mad, I decided I wasn't going to buy a Challenger. Then PCP came out in 2010 and I changed my mind. Sometimes things have a way of working out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Black Challengers look mean. I wouldn't want to take care of one but they are just plain mean looking. If PCP or DY had been available I may have went that way just because I think they are unique. I have a Torred SRT, which is a new car color for me, and I like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
A lot of the stuff picked up off the road or that falls out of the sky is very noticable on white where you would have never seen it on black. I put in many years with black cars, but I'm happy with my current choice of white.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
As a previous owner of a black GTO, and a black Altima, I can tell you that there is nothing better looking than a clean, waxed black car. That said, you can wash and wax one and in 8 hours it looks dirty. California Duster is a must.

After owning these last two black cars, as much as I love the look, I picked any other color and got a red one. I'll take my chance with the tickets.

·
Registered
630 Posts
A black car is hard to keep clean, but they look awesome when they are. I've had a couple of black cars and black Harleys (including my current bike). There's nothing that I like better than black and chrome. I'm sure you know this, but black shows swirl marks more than other colors. Be careful when you are wiping if off.

I'm hoping that the titanium color of my Challenger will be a little easier to keep looking good, but it's still fairly dark. It probably helps a little that it is a metallic paint. It's still gonna be a ***** to keep real clean. My silver Impala can be pretty grubby and not show it too badly.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Another Extremely Happy Stone White Owner!

·
Banned
675 Posts
I love my Black Challenger, only other color I had in mind was the Titanium.

Next on my list is a 1970 Black challenger, it'd be awesome to have two challenger R/T's , almost identical (black on black) 40 years apart!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah, I really didn't want a BLACK Challenger. Real pain in the a$$ to keep clean! Hot in the summer! TOO MANY OF 'EM MADE!

whoa................

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
I knew all about keeping a black car clean being a pita, but I decided I wasn't going to settle for some color I didn't like as much just because I was lazy. And I hope everybody is remembering that it's not that the other colors don't get as dirty, it's just that it shows up easier on black. So don't neglect your non-black Challengers; they get dust, nicks, scratches, and swirls, too!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I messed up too. I got an auto. There was a black 6spd(still there a year later) and my PCP auto that was an order for someone who could not afford it. My car had to be PCP, but i wanted a stick, but i figured if i did not take this one, i would never find another one. wrong. they were every where for a few months. Oh well, live and learn. Anbody wanna swap transmissions and rears?
Well, I ended up with your PCP and 6-speed, and couldn't be happier.

Actually, since we're all being so honest here, I still have a nagging voice inside that said I should have waited for a 392, but it may never be available in PCP. As long as they don't offer that color, I'm good. But if they do, I may shoot myself in the foot with my .22! But I know why it's not announced as available in PCP, cause I haven't installed my KB 3.6L yet. I am convinced in March when I just spent $10K on my car, THEN they will announce a limited run of PCP 392s, and it'll be too late to trade up. You just watch...

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know I know

There is something about a clean black car that nothing else can beat. I have owned many and my daily driver is an Infiniti M - Black. Had a Porsche Boxster - Black. A Maxima - Black... and an Infiniti FX guess what color? Yup, Black. Every time though I say I will never get another black car, and what do I do? Black. Looks mean? yes! Swirls? Yes. PITA? YES!!!

It's been a year but still I WANT A PCP!!!!!!!!!!! Not going to happen. Alas.:(

1 - 20 of 54 Posts