Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my SIL up to the local Chevy dealer to pick up her new SS Camaro. Hot red with black wheels. A nice looking car. Nice option list with the performance exhaust, I think 460 HP in that trim level. I got to drive. Sounds good on start up, handles great and feels secure and sporty. I'd be happy with one. However the exhaust is silent once rolling even with the windows open and it is not an aggressive engine power curve, pretty docile and easy to drive. Overall a nice car but I'd have to get some pipes on it ASAP if it was mine. No replacement for the Dodge, the Dodge just pushes all my buttons the right way. The Challenger is more Muscle and the Camaro is more sports car, like a Corvette light. The Camaro would be a good daily driver for a single person.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I like the camaro. Engine is very similar to scat pack. However 300lbs less of the camaro make a very gpod difference for the accelaration.

However I hate the seat! You can't recline too much and if you get the ss 2 they are so narrow that I can't fit easily my shoulders. So great car for the road course use but IMO very hard drive for every day

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
my buddy got a 2010 SS stickshift, My 2015 R/T 5.7l automatic feels faster.... I know it should not be faster than that rattle trap but it feels it.
The newer ones are much faster that the 2014 and older models...your A8 5.7 would give a 2010 a good race I'm sure.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've said this before, but I really like the Camaros. I felt like I was in a fighter jet driving that thing. I also won't get anything less than a 2SS 1LE. However, my personal opinion is it isn't worth getting rid of my SRT for one. I enjoy the classic look, and now at this point I wouldn't get my monies worth for trade in, and the hours spent behind the wheel and under the hood would be wasted.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... I felt like I was in a fighter jet driving that thing....
It's a much tighter ****pit and the front window doesn't have a lot of height, kind of like the Corvette but a tad roomier than those. I really see the Challenger as being in a different segment. More old school muscle car than the Camaro sports car.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,565 Posts
Woah, I knew the camaro was lighter than the Challenger but I did not know it was that light that one could pick it up?!

Sorry, could not resist. Have a couple of coworkers with camaros and they are no slouch just too cramped for my taste. Congrats!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts