Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy - yesterday I created profile on their web site and I think I will register for the early spring run. Figure drive down go to a local dealer get oil changed and like and then give the 200 mile club a shot in the Hellcat. Always wanted to do in my M5 but never had the chance.

I know it sounds nuts but I do not think my thinking is the most rational right now. Also, decided my first mode will be the hideaway electric front license plate.

- Hide The Plate.com

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice - I wasn't able to find on there site how much the fee is think I saw unlimited runs. Sent them an e-mail. I will be 50 by the time I go - I've done 186 on the Tpke so I think it will be fun.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The Mile is little different than the Tpke. You will be lucky to get 4 runs a day Fri & Sat. Sun lots as most will leave early.

You will have to make a license run for each class. 200 is the magic number. Check the rules for over 199.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hell yeah! I expect some pictures/video!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Will your Hellcat be in stock form at that point? If so, you won't come close to 200. You'll hit somewhere in the 170s. Spoiler alert lol. Would be a fun event to attend though. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell yeah! I expect some pictures/video!
I will have at minimum one GoPro out front windshield, if I can borrow a couple more one will be out rear window and one on speedo.

Will your Hellcat be in stock form at that point? If so, you won't come close to 200. You'll hit somewhere in the 170s. Spoiler alert lol. Would be a fun event to attend though. Keep us posted.
I really plan no performance mods for this car - my ultimate goal is to see if it ever stops pulling as my M5 never stopped pulling. I didn't think 200 was on the horizon but I thought or should I say hoped for no real technical reason mid 170 - mid 180 was possible. In Mojave they let you go 1.5 miles - I wonder if the extra 1/2 would make that much difference (if the extra drive there is worth it) if it really pulled through the curve.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I will have at minimum one GoPro out front windshield, if I can borrow a couple more one will be out rear window and one on speedo.

I really plan no performance mods for this car - my ultimate goal is to see if it ever stops pulling as my M5 never stopped pulling. I didn't think 200 was on the horizon but I thought or should I say hoped for no real technical reason mid 170 - mid 180 was possible. In Mojave they let you go 1.5 miles - I wonder if the extra 1/2 would make that much difference (if the extra drive there is worth it) if it really pulled through the curve.:dunno:
This is the current Challenger title holder. Horsepower! - 757HP Blown '09 Challenger SRT8 6.1L Hemi Engine - Car Craft Magazine He ran the mile last time at 202.46 or something!

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Don't try the 1.5 mile in Beeville lol...you will be in some trees. I did the TX Mile a couple times it was fun. Best was 165 mph when I was at umm 430 whp or so...haven't done it since cam, ported intake and better rear rubber...but even with another 70 whp I'd think id be around 169 or so. My guess is...HellCat will run 180. BONE. STOCK. :)

Reactions: 2510

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Don't try the 1.5 mile in Beeville lol...you will be in some trees. I did the TX Mile a couple times it was fun. Best was 165 mph when I was at umm 430 whp or so...haven't done it since cam, ported intake and better rear rubber...but even with another 70 whp I'd think id be around 169 or so. My guess is...HellCat will run 180. BONE. STOCK. :)
I think it will do better than that!:icon_biggrin: Just a feeling!:icon_lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I hope i didn't come off as negative or a jerk when i said you won't come close to 200. Was just trying to give you an idea of what to expect in stock form. With that aside, you now have me contemplating giving 200 a shot in the spring as well. If so, see you there and I want a ride in that Hellcat!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope i didn't come off as negative or a jerk when i said you won't come close to 200. Was just trying to give you an idea of what to expect in stock form. With that aside, you now have me contemplating giving 200 a shot in the spring as well. If so, see you there and I want a ride in that Hellcat!
Bro are you kidding me - perfectly normal comment and I appreciate - no vag here..haha..

When I officially sign up I think they have an April one we should get a bunch of guys from the area to go would be fun.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Call me crazy - yesterday I created profile on their web site and I think I will register for the early spring run. Figure drive down go to a local dealer get oil changed and like and then give the 200 mile club a shot in the Hellcat. Always wanted to do in my M5 but never had the chance.

I know it sounds nuts but I do not think my thinking is the most rational right now. Also, decided my first mode will be the hideaway electric front license plate.

- Hide The Plate.com
Don't install that electric plate hider if you plan on high speed runs. If will rip right off and bounce around under the car on the way out. I had the non electric version and somewhere north of 140 it went bye-bye.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Your speed will be determined by the wind. I went earlier this year and had a 10-20mph headwind on Friday and Saturday. If you are very fortunate to have a tail wind, you will hit 180mph. If it's a head wind - you might not see 170mph.

I want to run it again with my new setup and see 180mph, but don't want to blow it up again. Will armchair this one. :D

·
Registered
990 Posts
The Mile sold out in 1 hr and 59 mins.

I got in... But, I am not taking the Challenger. I am taking my 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0 Turbo.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
The Mile sold out in 1 hr and 59 mins.

I got in... But, I am not taking the Challenger. I am taking my 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0 Turbo.
Yeah - saw that yesterday - that was for the October event - correct? I wish someone would do this on the east coast - I should look into it!! HAVE FUN

1 - 19 of 19 Posts