Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a piece of junk. the road noise is LOUD!. this car only has 1100 miles on it. the side window starts at my shoulder (and im 6'6"). talk about cramped/

the console is way too high.the back seat way to cramped. no getting lucky in the pos.

the guages are retrio but kinda cheap looking. the sunvisors have got to be the cheapest plastic known to man.

the vents grill are just dying to break. i can feel it.

the door panels look like junk too.

the only cool thing was the HUD. other than that, its a pos. did i mention the road noise? they must not have put any sound deadener or insulation in this car. the road roar is LOUD. the thud going over bumps makes it feel like a used 1980 monte carlo....

Why do people like these?

·
Registered
174 Posts
For a person used to a Chevy, the defects you noted are normal and they don't notice them. For anyone used to a Dodge, a Chevy will seem like a low quality car. I have hated GM interiors, in particular, for decades, they just seem so cheap for an American made car. I don't care for the "great GM feeling"; I've always felt like GM products were highly overrated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
sorry for your experience, nice avatar btw!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your office rents you camaros? I usually get a Toyota from mine.
my company rents from National and i have the aisle service where I can pick any car. i usually grab the mopar but I saw the camaro sitting there and had to try it. Its mine for the next three days. this is the first time i saw a camaro available from National

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The Challenger rides like a Benz compared to the Camaro and Stang. When I drove the camaro I had to get out. I could not deal with those huge pillars in front of my face. The knucklehead who had the car put dark tint on the thing so It was a death trap.
The stang is so small that my 5'11" frame was too big for it. Maybe I drive big cars / trucks but I am done with buying uncomfortable cars for good!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Might explain why so many of them are showing up on used car lots around here. I test drove a new one and at 6'1" I was crammed into a shoe box. I noticed the road noise as well but attributed the difference as being used to my Avalanche, which is very quiet.

So.... was there anything you liked about it?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't think it's a piece of junk. I rented them twice in the LT and the SS models for weekend trips. I wasn't nearly as impressed as I was with our Challengers but I thought the car had decent acceleration. I agree that it was cramped (I'm 6'3") but not unbearably uncomfortable. The visors do look extremely cheap and there is a whole lot of plastic going on. I don't like the fact that it doesn't come with a NAV screen and the radio and temp controls look like something out of a sci-fi b movie. I like the exterior but I can say that I am getting tired of seeing them all the time. No joke, today I saw about 7 in a span of 4 miles. They are losing there appeal but maybe the new Transformers movie will help.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah. My family has always been into Chevy since I was little. I bought a 2003 Trailblazer brand new. It was a POS. I sold it to my Dad. My favorite classic Muscle car is the 1968 Camaro. I was going to buy a 2011 Camaro until I drove it. The car is fast and has great handling, better than the Challenger. Inside it is a nightmare to drive. No visibility from all angles. The interior is more cramped than the Mazda 3 I traded in for my Chally. It's all hard plastic. You can't read the speedo unless you crane your neck. The leather seats are not nearly as comfortable as the Chally.
I don't know much about Dodge in general but I am really turned on by the products they are starting to produce. Some people might balk at this but I think Mercedes did some good things for Dodge. If Dodge can increase reliability, they will start selling lots of cars.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The interior of the Camaro to me was a let down,not to mention the outward visibilty,Im just under 6ft slim and found it just to cramped
Over the weekend sat in the Fiat 500 and no BS I felt less confined in that then the Camaro,go figure!
The Cadillac CTS 4dr for the same money as a camaro is a much better buy just a awesum car:thumbsup:

·
Registered
601 Posts
what a piece of junk. the road noise is LOUD!. this car only has 1100 miles on it. the side window starts at my shoulder (and im 6'6"). talk about cramped/

the console is way too high.the back seat way to cramped. no getting lucky in the pos.

the guages are retrio but kinda cheap looking. the sunvisors have got to be the cheapest plastic known to man.

the vents grill are just dying to break. i can feel it.

the door panels look like junk too.

the only cool thing was the HUD. other than that, its a pos. did i mention the road noise? they must not have put any sound deadener or insulation in this car. the road roar is LOUD. the thud going over bumps makes it feel like a used 1980 monte carlo....

Why do people like these?
Not that it matters much regarding ride quality, but was it the V8 or the V6?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts