Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I said I would leave it alone.... I said to myself it's plenty fast enough for a daily driver. And then I went and
ordered an AMR Stage II Rev 3.1 ECU Tune and Weistec Downpipes! The Downpipes shown are actually my
friends for his car, mine should be here this week but I am sending them out to get JetHot Ceramic coated
inside and out with their 2500 degree extreme coating.

So what does $2800 in parts and software get me? Stock the car is 362 horse at the crank and can run very
high 12's and 0-60 in 4 seconds. The Stage II Rev 3.1 Tune and Downpipes take it up to 500 horse at the
crank (430 AWHP). Which will put it in the solid 11's! Not bad for a daily :) I can't wait :)

·
Super Moderator
15,379 Posts
I can see those are Eberspacher cats [Daimler and FCA use those]

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
633 Posts
I'm not familiar with the vehicle or components in this post but 140 HP from a tune and cat removal sounds like a lot.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not familiar with the vehicle or components in this post but 140 HP from a tune and cat removal sounds like a lot.
Rob,
It's a Biturbo 3 liter V6. The tune takes the
Boost from a stock 12lbs to 16lbs.

Hal,
Your knowledge never ceases to amaze me!
I may wind up putting 200 cel each Magnaflow
Bullet cats at the beginning of the AMG Perf
Exhaust but I want to see what it's like cat-less
First. Shhhhhh don't tell anyone :grin2:

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

New rubber arrived today so that when I get my baseline runs, I can hook :)

·
Super Moderator
15,379 Posts
Rob,

Hal,
Your knowledge never ceases to amaze me!
I may wind up putting 200 cel each Magnaflow
Bullet cats at the beginning of the AMG Perf
Exhaust but I want to see what it's like cat-less
First. Shhhhhh don't tell anyone :grin2:
You should look into if Schrick makes cams for your engine...

they aren't cheap, but they're very well designed for 'Benz

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should look into if Schrick makes cams for your engine...

they aren't cheap, but they're very well designed for 'Benz
Hal,

The aftermarket is thin right now for the M2765 Dela 30 since it's such a new architecture. There are tons of
parts out there for the older V6's like the M172. It's going to take a few years I think... Weistec doesn't even
have upgraded turbos for us yet. But if we can make 500 horse on a tune.... We can wait a while :)

·
Super Moderator
15,379 Posts
I'd love to get my hands on an M163 AMG 6.3 engine...slip that into the engine bay of my CLK

They wouldn't know what got them...500hp in a 3,200# car...he-he.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd love to get my hands on an M163 AMG 6.3 engine...slip that into the engine bay of my CLK

They wouldn't know what got them...500hp in a 3,200# car...he-he.

Oh yeah! That'd scoot! :) I can't wait to go out and beat up on ****y C63 owners that haven't modded :D

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
I thought you said you were going to stock it up...

A Guy

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good thing I got those new tires because I just added 20 Sticker Horsepower!

I was ticked that my steering wheel didn't say AMG. I wasn't paying $500 for the AMG Perf wheel which is
identical to the wheel I've got, except it says AMG! No problem Amazon had the fix!

Also the silver start button was a bit boring. No worries Amazon had a cure for that too! :)

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
633 Posts
Rob,
Oh! the B word. Brain was in NA mode :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Well I got a run in with my new Dragy Performance Meter (As accurate as the gold standard, the Vbox)

This was with the bald ContiSport Run Flats there's still room for improvement in the 60 foot times.

0-60 on the Dragy is measured instantly with no rollout, so subtract 3 tents from that time if you want
to know the time that Mfg's or Mags would claim.

I ran with the new BFG's and and the pressure needs adjusted they have them inflated to 41 PSI and that's
about 10 too high and they need about 500 miles of break in, but I did muster a 13.01 @105 and a 4.78 0-60.

Also if you want to measure your car's performance and you don't want to spend $500+ on a Vbox you can get
the Dragy at godragy.com for $149. It's a Precision Multiband GPS and Accelerator that pairs to your phone via
Bluetooth and you download the Dragy app to the phone (avail for iOS and Android). It's amazing!

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well my friend Scott took his AMR Stage II Rev 3.1 tuned C43 to Keystone this weekend and the weather was
horrid but wow this car is a BEAST! And here I am stuck waiting for a week of clear weather so I can ship out
my ECU! Check Scott's car out!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Fahrvergnügen!

A Guy ;)

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The ECU is back from AMR and all I can say is.... WOW this thing is transformed into a Beast! AMR told me not
to beat on it too much till my Downpipes are installed since thats the way they wrote the tune. The Downpipes
are on their way back to me from Jet Hot and should be here this weekend.

That being said... Look at these slips! I don't have enough room to safely run quarter passes but that eight
mile pass is an 11.93 using the 1/8th to 1/4 calculator. She should do mid 11's once the DownPipes are

in.

I also gave the engine a good cleaning it was filthy after winter!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Engine cover I assume :) Does sound like there must be a hot engine under there. Have fun!

A Guy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts