Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the title may be a little misleading, but here's what happened.

I was driving home from class at around 3pm. As I was driving south on the major highway (I-35, Dallas Tx.) I notice a white with blue stripes Challenger on the road getting onto the highway via the on ramp. "My first IE 392!!!" I thought. I was so excited I sped up to the car to get a better look. To my somewhat dismay, I noticed that there was a single exhaust, no SRT8 badge on the spoiler, and chrome rims. I now knew that this car was no IE 392 but a SE.

I must admit, I was a little disappointed, but merely because I wanted to see the real thing in person. I still thought that car looked AMAZING and would love to have it, even this SE. I wasn't mad or felt like it was "upbadging" by trying to look like the SRT8.

But question to you guys would be, if this same situation occurred to you, how would you feel?

Mad? Disappointed? Pissed? Disgusted? Don't care? Happy to see a fellow Challenger enthusiast?

Please share with me your thoughts.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Sounds like an owner who just liked the dual stripe look.
Doesn't seem like any up badging to me from what you describe.
Some will cry foul regardless if it even appeared like an IE. :dunno:

·
Registered
909 Posts
What you saw was the Rallye edition. There's one at a dealer near me right now, white with blue stripes. They also have a IE white with blue stripes. The difference in stripes is the rallye doesn't have them on the roof and they are bordered in red. I think Dodge should have made the two with more of a difference.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DrinkCoke, trust me. I know the difference between a Rallye edition and one that is white and gets custom stripes to look like the IE 392. It was stripes just like the IE 392. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I thought it looked AMAZING.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts