Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had no clue when I bought my R/T Redline that I would not only have to pay for the car but also pay for all the mods I'd want to do lol...

I've barely had it 6 months yet all I want to keep doing is more & more mods... The car alone made my budget tighter & now after joining this forum & seeing the endless possibilities my bank account is looking thinner & thinner haha...

So far I've done the basics... Plus installing a new stereo system as I type this... But my urge to do more is growing every day haha... I do have a background in finance though so I do understand not to buy what I can't afford to put myself in a hole but it sure is tough to just "window shop" for now... Why didn't any one warn me???

Haha all joking aside... It's such a blast owning a car like this... My first I actually bought by myself (I'm 25)... Everyone is always asking about it or stopping to take pictures... And it's not even the premium model lol...

Sorry for the rambling novel... I guess I just wanted to share my excitement & joy I have with Big Booty Judy everyday... As well as keeping up & reading ChallengerTalk everyday... I may not comment on many posts cuz I'm a muscle car newbie but this forum has really changed the way I look at cars & I'm learning A LOT... Just wish I would've joined sooner haha...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
If you had joined sooner you would have spent more money by now. I live near speedlogix. Kind of an addiction

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Immortal1 has one of the best signatures ever and it reads:

"There's a thin line between modding and mental illness"

I'm about done modding, all I need is a 430rbz. :satan:

·
Registered
446 Posts
That mod bug is highly contagious. I am waiting for my Flowmaster American Thunder Catback to be delivered. Been tracking it and should get it tomorrow! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Gotta have !!

I just dropped some serious cash on KW V2 coil overs, A whole mess of Pedders bushings and sway bar. If I don't stop, I'll be sleeping in the garage with my Challenger.

The "NEW" Dog House ! :silly:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That mod bug is highly contagious. I am waiting for my Flowmaster American Thunder Catback to be delivered. Been tracking it and should get it tomorrow! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

I feel like a kid on a Christmas Day... After I finish tearing away the wrapping paper from one gift I'm asking where's the next one?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
485 Posts
Do what you can comfortably afford, and just learn to be content. Pay the car off as early as you can so it does not become a burden.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey man just be glad you don't own an old muscle car and modern muscle car. You would always be broke! Have fun and enjoy. These are the best muscle cars.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oh man I understand completely. I modded my 67 vw bug to do 14 secs in the quarter mile and am deep into subaru transplant in that one. My Cummins Ram stock was 175 hp and 400 ft lbs of torque but now has 300hp and 600 ft lbs. I did the skip shift eliminator and a subwoofer on my RT but I'm now fighting my addiction and want to just drive the Challenger and finish the VW.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I can't stop ether bro it's all I think about and it's become a problem I told my self I wasn't evan gonna log on here today you see how that worked out for me lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have you joined a challenger club? Do you know about Spring Fest in Irvine on 22 Mar? go to SoCallx.com to check out spring fest 9. Free event hosted by Dodge for all modern Magnums, chargers, 300s and challengers. Last year there where 332 challengers!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Have you joined a challenger club? Do you know about Spring Fest in Irvine on 22 Mar? go to SoCallx.com to check out spring fest 9. Free event hosted by Dodge for all modern Magnums, chargers, 300s and challengers. Last year there where 332 challengers!
I signed up for Spring Fest, I'll be driving up from San Diego.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Did not know it was in Irvine...hmmm I might drop by since I am in Anaheim.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This is one of the reasons I don't frequent this forum much any more. I always end up reading about all of the things I want.

Too many hobbies, not enough money....

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
i feel your pain...now what can i spend that tax refund on...?
I am gonna get either lowering springs or coil covers and some strut braces and some..........:banana:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts