Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy, but i just ordered my car this morning and saw i could purchase "perhaps oe parts or not for 365.00" but opted to get the factory lights so i dont have to mess with it... off evil bay.

So what do these look like in the dark? Does the halo glow as a running light? I read somewhere here, please forgive me im a newb to the site , that there was a way to enhance the glow and make them the day time running lights or at least not have the head lights turned on like my dads camary.

If anyone has a challenger with halo hid lights, please show me at night what they look like, maybe i will try and read up again on the scanner to turn the day times off and just run the rings,.... Honestly im running on no sleep, please bear with me:bigthumb:

What am i talking about, ive read so much its getting cluttered :sleep:

·
Registered
428 Posts
I may be wrong but don't think there are halos avaiable through dodge. I think you got the HIDs - high intensity discharge lights like the SRT has, not actual halos.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....I don't get it. Factory/OEM Dodge HID's do not have halos like those pictured in your link. Daytime running lights can be enabled for US vehicles by the dealer but they are the turn signals (ambers). Are you talking about the factory lights or ordering aftermarket HID's?

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
If you are saying you order a new Challenger with the factory HIDs, you did the right thing as far as getting great headlights.

As for the aftermarket Halos, that is a decorative item and a personal preference. I would not have them on a muscle car but that is just my personal preference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts