Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving along on a divided 4lane highway as I approach this RT classic in the slow lane. It has the classic RT stripes on the sides and hood etc, etc....It's spotless aqua-blue something or other. Niiiice looking car!!

As I drive along side, I toot the horn and it's just then I notice it's an elderly couple out for an afternoon drive. The guy never looks and he veers to the right a bit. He was probably thinking....WTF...who is this guy honking at me on the highway?

I waved at him as I passed but he never looked. I hope as I drove away he noticed I was also driving an RT and just trying to give him a thumbs up.
LOL

·
Registered
726 Posts
Define elderly :) j/k

I heard someone refer to my car as "that one that older guy drives"...

reality sucks.
Funny. Please add balding to that. Lucky he jerked the wheel in the right direction. What if they called the cops and reported you? Now you're on the run from the law... Vanishing Point!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
So I'm driving along on a divided 4lane highway as I approach this RT classic in the slow lane. It has the classic RT stripes on the sides and hood etc, etc....It's spotless aqua-blue something or other. Niiiice looking car!!

As I drive along side, I toot the horn and it's just then I notice it's an elderly couple out for an afternoon drive. The guy never looks and he veers to the right a bit. He was probably thinking....WTF...who is this guy honking at me on the highway?

I waved at him as I passed but he never looked. I hope as I drove away he noticed I was also driving an RT and just trying to give him a thumbs up.
LOL
I feel bad for them... I miss my grandparents. Sorry to be a buzz kill. :(

·
Registered
710 Posts
I remember when my wife and me would say the same thing when we saw an old couple in a real nice Corvette. A couple years ago when I had my Camaro a young kid said hey pops pull a holeshot, I kinda just laughed inside and really wanted to show him what pops and his car could do but I refrained. I'm sure there has been a few referring to us now as look at the old couple in the Challenger. I'm 60 and my wife is 58.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well, I'm 68 and she is 66. We're old but we like driving our SRT8 hard. Pull along side us some time and give us a try.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Same here!! I'll be 60 this summer. Pull up with me and it ON! 13.81 last year, faster this year I hope. Go Daddy, Go Daddy,Go Daddy Go!!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I am 35 and see a lot of older guys in my town driving Challengers. I was not even born when the original challengers ruled the roads. I always think that these guys were around and most likely owned or drove the original Challenger. So know they are just enjoying life in a hell of a nice ride. We have about 14 challengers in a town of 70,000 people, so we challenger owners have a presence. Of those owners I am one of three owners under 45 years old. The older owners must know something!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Honk 3 times and it's on sonny boy! With age comes experience.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I did meet a couple at the Tim Hortons in New Hamburg last summer, who were passing through town, and the husband was 82 and his wife was 78. I think I might have scared them a bit too since I blocked them in their parking space in the parking lot as they were getting in their car so they couldn't leave without talking to me. Nice couple though.

I am 35 and see a lot of older guys in my town driving Challengers. I was not even born when the original challengers ruled the roads. I always think that these guys were around and most likely owned or drove the original Challenger. So know they are just enjoying life in a hell of a nice ride. We have about 14 challengers in a town of 70,000 people, so we challenger owners have a presence. Of those owners I am one of three owners under 45 years old. The older owners must know something!
That's cool Blackout. I work in a town of about 200,000 and there are probably only that many, and I never seen more than 4 at any A&W cruise night last year.

The odds are better in New Hamburg where I live, 3 may be 4 to 7,700 people.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahaha...great responses!!! OK...to set the record straight....I am 43 myself. (not exactly a young puppy-kid anymore) I even surprised myself that I gave them a "toot" while passing!!!....just to say hi!! It's so rare that I see challengers on the road, I couldn't resist the urge!!! The couple:: both looked definitely older than my parents who are thankfully both still both alive!! I love you mom and dad!!!

The point: what was meant to be a fun gesture on the highway turned into an uncomfortable situation. I guess I should have slowed down to really freak them out....drive/hover alongside to force them look at me as I honked....so they could see me giving them a "thumbs up"...... No.....instead, I just gave them a quick 'toot'......and I drove away feeling awkward. Just because of that feeling, I may never do it again.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well, I'm 68 and she is 66. We're old but we like driving our SRT8 hard. Pull along side us some time and give us a try.
yea baby....I wish it was you!!! If that guy I pulled next to would have looked at me...and hit the gas???.....it would have made my day!!!!!!! I probably wouldn't even chase....I'd just nod my head and think to myself ......."YEA......that's a sweet car".

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
The point: what was meant to be a fun gesture on the highway turned into an uncomfortable situation. I guess I should have slowed down to really freak them out....drive/hover alongside to force them look at me as I honked....so they could see me giving them a "thumbs up"...... No.....instead, I just gave them a quick 'toot'......and I drove away feeling awkward. Just because of that feeling, I may never do it again.
Buckeye_Nut, you can't not do it again. It just takes that one wave/thumbs up to make it all worthwhile. You wouldn't believe some of the stupid things I've done to catch another Challenger owner's attention while driving, including following one, pulling into a gas station, and walking to the drive-through window to say hi. I'll admit I was a little nutty even for me but at that time, I'd had my car less than a week and was still coming down from the the excitement of delivery.:notallthere:

·
Registered
465 Posts
yea baby....I wish it was you!!! If that guy I pulled next to would have looked at me...and hit the gas???.....it would have made my day!!!!!!! I probably wouldn't even chase....I'd just nod my head and think to myself ......."YEA......that's a sweet car".
Thanks. About 2 years ago, coming back from a car show in Ocala,Fla; a young guy about 30 kept pulling along side and reving his engine because he wanted to race. He showed me his pan from a Chevy air cleaner that said 427. Reading his lips, he was saying his chevy had a 427. After a couple of more times of him reving his engine; I checked ahead and the interstate was clear. I nodded to him and we both floored it. In a couple of seconds, I could see him in the rear view mirrow. LOVE MY CAR.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts