Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My car has never seen a fuel cleaner system before and it has done 65,800 miles.
Third owner of the car, so I think its best to do a clean.

Car does shake at times when warming up from cold start and slightly when sitting at the lights also.

Im looking at which brands are the best fuel system cleaners for our cars and which ones actually does what it says.
Can you guys suggest some good brands?

I will go to my local home store who have an automotive section full of detailing kits and engine fuel cleaner systems section also.

Will also take a pic to show you guys who may know the brands and good they are.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
If its a 392 they shake like crazy cold. Also if'n you do not drive much they throw p0300 codes. No amount of FI cleaner will fix it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its a 392 they shake like crazy cold. Also if'n you do not drive much they throw p0300 codes. No amount of FI cleaner will fix it.
It's a V6 3.6L

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
BG44K is one of the best additives. Techron is ok for maintaining with every oil change. At the shop we use a 3 step system that uses a throttle cleaner a top end cleaner then an additive. The top end cleaner will clean the carbon on the valves. Need a good vacuum source so it gets to all cylinders.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I simply put a can of Seafoam in my tank at every oil change, and at one point (mid-way) between oil changes. Changed spark-plugs for the first time at 65K (they were due at 30) and there was no fouling, no gunk, no residue, all good.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went ahead and bought a can of Liqui Molly injection cleaner locally, which is basically the name for the "jectron" in the U.S markets.

At half tank poured it in and filled her up, lets see how things go. Will take some time for the effect to take place I guess as the cleaner needs to be sprayed into the chambers more the more you drive etc for the effect to take place effectively.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Luckily found a BG dealer locally!

I was searching on google for a BG dealer, the U.A.E dealer (Dubai) showed up, so I emailed them asking if there is a local one to me and I was surprised to find one just 20 mins away from me lol.

Gonna go down and buy some BG 44K and put it in my tank after i've finished up the liqui molly cleaner. Will I need to change my engine oil or not before switching to another fuel cleaner ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't found best fuel injector complete guide on the internet, can anybody please send me the link of any guide that captured most of the best fuel injector cleaners?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,699 Posts
It's subjective as most testing you see isn't very scientific. Often valves with carbon deposits set into cups of cleaner, or an injector spray pattern before and after, etc. I think if you pick among the top 8 mentioned here, you will do fine

Techron is the most often mentioned (most popular?). I myself ran a bottle of BG 44k (new formula) through my tank a few months ago. I had no issues, but at over 3 years with low mileage, I figured it couldn't hurt. I noticed no difference, which I expected

A Guy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts