Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my '11 srt8 black Challenger and it's simply awesome. A full review will come shortly. But I think something's missing. In the glove box, I have a thin leather binder, with a 'User Guide' and a DVD with some other thin documents like the 1 year of Sirius, etc. Shouldn't there be an thicker owners manual binder as well? Does anybody else have 1,2, or 3 of these leather folios with documents? What did your Challenger's come with?

Also, I have an ipod Touch. They said the car doesn't come with a cable and that I just need a USB cable of my own to make it work with my 430N. Plugged one in and I get an 'Error Reading' message continuously. These are small but frustrating things. Is my dealer screwing me on any of these things? Did your cars come with this cable? Anything special about it?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
no owners manual. you need to call dodge and they will send you one for free. I dont have the number but search it and you will find a post that lists it

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
The owner's manuel is now on cd rom.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I thought this user guide was the owners manuel until I saw the
PDF is 488+ pages. Kinda lame , retro car needs an old fashion
manual .
I'll never have the patience to scroll through nearly 500 pages
Will probably take the CD to staples & see if they can copy
2 sided & collate into book form

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Let us know if you do that. That is a good idea. I would like to do that too. When I get my car.

I thought this user guide was the owners manuel until I saw the
PDF is 488+ pages. Kinda lame , retro car needs an old fashion
manual .
Will probably take the CD to staples & see if they can copy
2 sided & collate into book form

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got mine through the mail also...it took about 2 weeks to come in....

and your car should come with a cable for your ipod....

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
You don't use the USB cable for your iPod. Do you have a jack in your center console in the front? Is that the Nav radio or just the base MyGig? There is a thread on iPods and the cord you need with special plugs to go in the special jack. I don't have one, but instead of getting a cable from your dealer, you can go online and get a cheaper and longer one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'd argue that it takes far less patience to click the chapter, then click the subsection, than fumbling through hundreds of pages. Though, definite advantages to being able to access the manual while actually inside the car. ;)

Fairly surprised they didn't just integrate it into the media system.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I'd argue that it takes far less patience to click the chapter, then click the subsection, than fumbling through hundreds of pages. Though, definite advantages to being able to access the manual while actually inside the car. ;)

Fairly surprised they didn't just integrate it into the media system.
have you tried playing the cd in your radios cd/DVD player? I wonder if that works

·
Registered
323 Posts
have you tried playing the cd in your radios cd/DVD player? I wonder if that works
Damn... I was just thinking the same thing! Maybe there is a sexy woman's voice that will read the manual to us...with pictures!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Heh, mine just hit J status (built) - so don't have the cd (or the car!) - but betting it wouldn't.

Maybe there is a sexy woman's voice that will read the manual to us...with pictures!
lol... I'm not so sure that's a good idea. I don't even physically have it, am already in love with it & think it's bordering on obsession as is. Adding a sultry woman's voice saying things like... "Prior to the application of any lubricant, the parts concerned should be wiped clean to remove dust and grit..." would probably send me over the edge. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts