Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Challenger rt is at the dealer this morning for the P01 timming recall. After 7 hours they call me to inform me it will be a little longer as it was giving them trouble. They broke their harmonic balance puller on my car, and needed to get another one. They probely will f this up bad, com on man

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Yeah, this is probably going to become a headache pretty quick bro. Sorry for the heartache. Where are you located? Maybe someone on here knows of a shop that's trust worthy if you need to take it elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
9,212 Posts
Maybe they just had a tool failure like they said they did, simple as that.
The car will be fixed and you'll be happy again.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much, those harmonic balancers can be hell to get off. When they did my timing chain recall it was so hard coming off that when it finally did they popped a hole in the radiator. Ended up getting a new radiator out of the deal.

As they say, don't sweat it. If that's the worst that happened to you today you are doing pretty good. :)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Another thing to worry about is scratching your car when they work on it. Like the timing chain because most people just want to get the job done and that's it. Even if you tell them to use cloths on the fenders they will say okay and then when you leave they say hey he gone and then say we don't have to use no dam cloths on his challenger its just a car. Some people to care about your challenger but they are hard to fine.HEMIB5BLUE

·
Registered
39 Posts
While I understand the frustration of your car being down for a little longer or something being broken on your car while it was being worked on, this doesn't make the tech or dealership 'idiots'. At the end of the day they are going to pay for the pulley and it's not going to cost you a cent.

Harmonic balancer pulleys can be extremely stubborn, I can tell you that from experience. A stubborn pulley could easily become broken while attempting to remove. It sucks but it also happens. It can be hard to avoid sometimes.

I don't want to seem like the bad guy here but being a dealership tech, formerly dodge, and also a Challenger owner I understand both sides of the story and it bugs me when people jump to conclusion over something like that and the tech getting a bad name over it. Not all techs are bad guys :)

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Harmonic balancer pulleys can be extremely stubborn, I can tell you that from experience. A stubborn pulley could easily become broken while attempting to remove. It sucks but it also happens. It can be hard to avoid sometimes.
They didn't break the pulley, they broke the tool that removes it.

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
    ?

never mind. Klingon script won't work here.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts