Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out my coolant tank today and when I pulled the top hose it looked like a little boy peeing in a creek. I stopped it before I lost enough that it was below min. on the new tank but I like to keep it full. I had looked around before and nobody has MOPAR antifreeze and with the car only 6 months old I didn't want to put anything else in her. I went to the dealership and got some antifreeze. I knew it would be high but even I was shocked when it came to $24 for 1 gallon (I only needed a quart but it only comes in gallons). I'm sure glad I don't have a leak and have to add it often. Should have listened to you guys that said to use the zerox I guess.
Rick F.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
$24 for one gallon of coolant???? Thats outrageous!:notallthere::icon_evil:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
$24 ?????? I hope that came with a big jar of vaseline.
LMAO.....reminds me of Al Pacino's character in the old movie "Dog Day Afternoon" when he tells the guy to kiss him first..........:cowtounge:

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Look at it this way - a gallon of antifreeze is good for 5 years. A gallon of gas might be good for 20 minutes?:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,121 Posts
OK itzrick!
I need a photo of what my DWB coolant tank is gonna look like when I get around to it.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Who supplies Chrysler with anti-freeze? Prestone?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Want to Save Some $?

It doesn't say who made it just Distributed by Chrysler Motors LLC.
Its recommended to run no more than 50-60% anti-freeze/water mix for the best boiling point/rust protection, so keep a spare jug for a 50-50 mix like I do. The Mopar Stuff has a special property for 5 years. Don't mix it with off brands IMHO.:pimp:

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I was told any dex/cool antifreeze will do. and they have that at autozone.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Its recommended to run no more than 50-60% anti-freeze/water mix for the best boiling point/rust protection, so keep a spare jug for a 50-50 mix like I do. The Mopar Stuff has a special property for 5 years. Don't mix it with off brands IMHO.:pimp:
I wouldn't use a store brand either, but any extended life (usually orange) antifreeze should be fine. I understand dealerships make most of their profits off used cars and the service department but $24/gallon is just wrong.

Good thing he didn't have them install it. That would have been another $24 plus $3 or $4 for "shop supplies".

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was told any dex/cool antifreeze will do. and they have that at autozone.
I know Preston has some and zerox that will work but with it only 6 months old and only needing a little as a one time deal I wanted to stay with what she came with. I pay $25 a gallon for Mobil 1 synthetic oil so why not antifreeze.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts