Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Looks good!. Not sure where you're from, but where I'm at in Florida, a fair amount of dealers will tint before they hit the lot. In my case, my scat was unmolested by any dealer add ons, not even a dealer sticker or plate frame. Within a week it was at the tint shop getting nano - ceramic tint. Easily a 20 degree difference before and after.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
I finally got around to tinting my 18 F8. This is probably in the wrong section.

I now understand why the first mod should be tint. Wish I would have done it when I bought it in 18.
View attachment 996809 View attachment 996811 View attachment 996813 View attachment 996814 View attachment 996816 View attachment 996815 View attachment 996818 View attachment 996819 View attachment 996820 View attachment 996817
Looking good.

I got mine tinted right after dealer PDI, and was ready to go at delivery.

Tint makes a big difference.

SAM_0452_zpsbdixr7iw.jpg
41577.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
Tint is mandatory here in Southern AZ. In fact I've never come upon a dealership that didn't automatically apply tint as part of their "pre-load" package. Good money maker for them too. When I worked at a dealer the cost for tinting a car was about $60 for material and labor. According to the Phoenix Fire Department, the interior temperature of a car can reach 138 degrees in five minutes and 150 in fifteen minutes. Local TV weather forecasters refer to that as "warm".

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'd love to tint but in there's too many restrictions in California. Can't tint like the driver side at all, the front window could only be tinted a few inches, back window could be completely blacked out. At the end of the tint it would look uneven, some windows tinted and some not. Is that even a good look?

The rear window blacked out, the two small windows in the back blacked out and the front window tinted with a few inch strip of tint.

Given these restrictions would anyone do the tint like above?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thats pretty much the regs in the UK too. So the first thing I had to do with my Texas bought Challenger was pull off the 70% tint on the front side windows - they test it with a meter during the government test to allow me to register (title) it in the UK as it isn't an officially type approved car.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Do you guys think tinted cars are more likely to be pulled over? Like they think you're trying to hide something or it's just an excuse to measure your tint and then search your car?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd love to tint but in there's too many restrictions in California. Can't tint like the driver side at all, the front window could only be tinted a few inches, back window could be completely blacked out. At the end of the tint it would look uneven, some windows tinted and some not. Is that even a good look?

The rear window blacked out, the two small windows in the back blacked out and the front window tinted with a few inch strip of tint.

Same in Michigan.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts

I see 35% and darker all the time, but yes, they can be pulled over at any time. I think if you go lighter than 35%, and cops can see in to see you and what you're doing, for the most part if you aren't breaking other laws, they have too much else to worry about you.

I had SunTek CXP Window Tint installed 45% all sides, 18% Back. It's ceramic, great UV and heat rejection. Lifetime limited warranty against peeling, cracking, adhesive failure, delamination and color fading.

Dark dark looks great, but more likely to get you pulled over, and at night...Even if it was legal, I'd not go darker than 20% sides. Honestly, the 20% on back you don't even notice looking out the back. It still has the same UV rejection, and close on the heat rejection

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
man i just have to say that a b5 blue challenger makes every other car looks ugly ... any car. Nothing even compares ...Thats one beautiful car(y) be safe man.
Thank you. After 4 1/2 years, B5 still makes me grin every single day.

60562.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you guys think tinted cars are more likely to be pulled over? Like they think you're trying to hide something or it's just an excuse to measure your tint and then search your car?
I've experienced that when I had a black 2014 Avenger, I was getting stopped for redundant reasons followed by a tint measure. Quite annoying. But did not experience that with my previous red Camaro. Maybe it depends on the area and color of your car idk. But now that I have a black car again I made sure to go a bit lighter than the legal limits and avoided limo tint in the back. I'm thinking black/dark colored car + black interior makes tint look darker.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've experienced that when I had a black 2014 Avenger, I was getting stopped for redundant reasons followed by a tint measure. Quite annoying. But did not experience that with my previous red Camaro. Maybe it depends on the area and color of your car idk. But now that I have a black car again I made sure to go a bit lighter than the legal limits and avoided limo tint in the back. I'm thinking black/dark colored car + black interior makes tint look darker.
It does make it darker with black Interior but mine is well past the legal limit for my state but my brother is the tinter so I just strip it if they ask & he puts it back on, lol. I do know that if you get pulled over to just go ahead & roll down all of the windows b4 they even get to the car. It seams like they appreciate it & don't really pay attention to the tint. I know a lot of people that have gotten out of traffic violations because of their tint. They will just right a tint ticket so you don't get points on your license & they still get money ($120), so they don't care.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Any tint in PA is illegal, but even with 35% tint all-around (except windshield) on my other car, I've never been pulled over for it once - and I even have dark-tinted taillights on that car as well. For the most part, if you aren't causing any problems, the cops have better things to do.

However, if they know you are doing something that you shouldn't, it's an easy reason to pull you over.

I'll be getting 20% tint all-around on my Challenger (was waiting for the warmer weather). Looking forward to it. :) Dark tint looks good on white cars (IMO).

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
394 Posts

That doesn't say you cant tint the drivers side window. Never heard that either. Ive never been pulled over for having tinted windows in CA and my Wifes car is 10 or 15%. Its dark. Too dark for my liking at night. Ive never tinted the winshield.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts