Dodge Challenger Forum banner

I understand why Tint is most people's first mod

Tags
tinted
26K views 79 replies 38 participants last post by  Rayzaa 
I've never been a fan of tint added on, especially for side door windows. It plain sucks at night, I've seen crappy tint, and supposedly super nice tint, and they just don't pass light the same. There is always some flare. My Volvo had it from the P.O. and if it wasn't such a nice installation job, I would have removed it. And my wife like the way it looked, but she didn't drive it at night, it was usually me.
Now for the rear window only, different story. I have put it in our old Vans (plus the cargo doors, but that was also for privacy/cool factor) and the rear windows of my Rampages. I have the remnants of a 1970s roll of Westinghouse approved bronze reflective industrial tint, awesome for back windows keeping the sun heat off your neck. But again, those were basically un-tinted clear plate glass.
I'm not hiding anything, I don't think it looks "cool" but for the south with brutal sun, I would want to do a side by side test, and if it helped my car in my situations, sure, as much as I could.

Reactions: marpow
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.