Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tint's are always first mod every car purchase. When I took home my 2018 T/A, I got it tinted within few days.
I live in CA where tint on the driver/passenger front windows are illegal. I have 20% and mid muffler delete, as long you don't drive like an azz, 98% of the time you wont get hassled by police for tints.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
394 Posts
man i just have to say that a b5 blue challenger makes every other car looks ugly ... any car. Nothing even compares ...Thats one beautiful car(y) be safe man.
I agree. B5 is the absolute best. If it is discontunued now, id be happy with the Frostbite color but B5 is still better. .

Reactions: BoltGang74

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
463 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,075 Posts
So when I was younger tinting was usually my first mod. Although now I don't tint any of my vehicles...especially if they have a heater element.

·
Registered
14,423 Posts
That doesn't say you cant tint the drivers side window. Never heard that either. Ive never been pulled over for having tinted windows in CA and my Wifes car is 10 or 15%. Its dark. Too dark for my liking at night. Ive never tinted the winshield.
It basically does. It says must allow 70% of light to pass through and 70% is about the light transmission of the factory tint.

It's like when a state says 35% VLT, that does not mean 35% tint is legal, on top of the factory tint the 35 would make it too dark, probabiy could only do 50 to equal out to 35.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
394 Posts
It basically does. It says must allow 70% of light to pass through and 70% is about the light transmission of the factory tint. Factory tint is hardly noticable.

It's like when a state says 35% VLT, that does not mean 35% tint is legal, on top of the factory tint the 35 would make it too dark, probabiy could only do 50 to equal out to 35.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Blah....I've never been pulled over tinted windows and when l was pulled over for something else, they never mentioned the windows. I'd still do it. Just don't go real dark. Any tint is better than none.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
As I mentioned I see 35% and darker all the time, and they could also get dinged for it at any time. But with tinted tail lights, markers, and reflectors (headlights too at one time), I didn't want to push it :) Besides wanting them to be able to see me and not worry, and wanting to be able to see at night. I had 50% on my last car 21 years and never an issue, that's why I went 45% this time

A Guy

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
2019 SXT
8 Posts
Tint was my 1st mod.
Live in Cali and I got 5% for the back window and 35% on the sides.
True they say it's not legal and the tint shop will give you a disclaimer about the front sides.
However, cops don't pay any attention to that.
They will pull you over for other reasons and they may use the tint for a reason when they don't have one.

·
Registered
2019 SXT
8 Posts
Man in that light the grey looks like a light chocolate or I need a new monitor. Do they have a Mopar Mocha?
No, it just looks different when the sun hits it.
That was when the sun was setting.
Here it is when the sun is up high.
I love the way it looks at night though.
Saw my wifey driving up the street one night and it just pops when the street lights hit it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can't. They will give you a fixit ticket but won't pull you over just for that.
I beg to differ. I live in norcal and got pulled over only because of the tint on my driver and passenger side windows which were already tinted by these previous owner or the dealership😢. Honestly I think the chp was bored and couldn't help but notice my super clean bright yellow car lol. He was jealous for sure.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
20 Posts
Tint was my 1st mod.
Live in Cali and I got 5% for the back window and 35% on the sides.
True they say it's not legal and the tint shop will give you a disclaimer about the front sides.
However, cops don't pay any attention to that.
They will pull you over for other reasons and they may use the tint for a reason when they don't have one.
View attachment 997039
This looks great. Just got my car and was looking to get the windows tinted but I was worried about doing 5% back and lighter front in case it would look weird with the small windows right next to the large front ones being different shades. But after seeing it on yours I don't have any questions or concerns.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
The quarter windows will appear darker anyway since they are smaller, and look into the darker rear seat area. I did all 4 side windows the same even though the quarter windows can be as dark as you like

A Guy

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
324 Posts
In So Cal you really don't have anything to worry about unless your front windows are blacked out. Cops want to be able to see into the front seat of the car, if they can't, they'll pull you over for dark tint. The thing that screws most people, is they limo out the back window and rear side windows, and then when they put any tint at all on the front windows, it looks really dark because of the limo in the back making the inside of the cabin already dark, so you're more likely to get pulled over even if the front windows aren't that dark. If you do all the windows the same percentage all the way around (which looks better IMO anyway when they all match), and you can still see into the car through the front windows, you won't have a problem.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,218 Posts
Just today the daughter got her T/A back from getting tinted. All side windows and a windshield brow.....looks much better and should have done it sooner! She also gave it some TLC in the form of a bath.

Reactions: F8HemiRT and A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,218 Posts
35%

Reactions: F8HemiRT
21 - 40 of 45 Posts