Registered
2,492 Posts
Check this out... best of both worlds

FLX-Paint

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
I want to run full ralley stripes like the dodge viper has. How much more would painted stripes be than decals? I like this kit but 300 seems a bit much for decals. I am concerned about peeling, fading etc which is why I am considering the painted route.

http://www.revolution-motorsports.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ATD-DDGECLGRGRPH015

Been agonizing over the same thing for a couple of months now. I've decided that it will be decals for me. Paint is permanant.

Check these out...... RiderGraphix.com 2008 & Up Dodge Challenger Stripes Graphics Decals Dodge Charger Graphics Ford Mustang Graphics Chevy Silverado Graphics Retro Custom Graphics Stripes Decals Boss Hockey Stick HEMI

·
Registered
404 Posts
I painted mine on, nothing shines like paint. Cos was around 1200, but that was ALSO insalling the fiberglass hood and painting it too. I bet they would have only charged 500 to do the stripes.
Jeff

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've only had one experience with full body "TAPE" stripes, and that was on my 96 Ram Indy truck. Maybe products have improved a lot since then, but everyplace the stripe went over a "curve"-bumpers, and the crease in the tailgate, the tape always split apart. I had them replaced twice and finally gave up. Thats one thing that Im very leary of on the new Challenger stripes, and one reason I ordered my GWE strripe delete.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I've only had one experience with full body "TAPE" stripes, and that was on my 96 Ram Indy truck. Maybe products have improved a lot since then, but everyplace the stripe went over a "curve"-bumpers, and the crease in the tailgate, the tape always split apart. ...
Were they aftermarket or factory?

Do you remember who the vendor was?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts