Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a more aggressive sound out of my R/T but don't want to install a cat back due to cost.
I would like to bolt on some new mufflers like in the old days that will give me a better sound without being too loud.
Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Magnaflow "Competition series" catback system.
Check out videos on speedysgarage.net
BB

·
Registered
437 Posts
I went with blastin bob's glasspacks and love the sound - in combo with the 6sp mufflers it sounds great.

·
Registered
427 Posts
On my R/T six speed...I got rid if the big heavy F'N resonators in the rear and added the Blastin Bob's pipes. My time and cost ($125+/-) of the pipes...very satisfied. The track pack mufflers sound great under acceleration....at least that's what my neighbors says :)

Although a Flowmaster exhaust will be added one day but I think that will be after the car is paid off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Exhaust for 2009

IMO,

Magnaflow part# 16515 Complete stainless steel system, true-X pipe, lifetime warranty. Or part# 16516.

Another option is to replace the OEM muffler with a pair of Magnapaks part# 10416 plus a true X-pipe 10791 .

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions or for pricing.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorsports
888-308-6007

·
Registered
461 Posts
Why not replace those heavy rear mufflers with glass pack resonators? That should be inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
mbrp love the sound

·
Registered
5 Posts
Exhaust Sound

I have a 2010 R/T and removed the two mufflers in the middle leaving the two at the back of the car. The sound is much better and from what I'm told better for the car as well. Has anyone else done this ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts