Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealership delivered my baby early November. Since then there have only been two days I did not drive it. A few weeks ago I started hearing a faint odd clicking noise while cruising at speed. The day before I had planned to take it in to get checked out the check engine light came on and it started knocking really badly, especially at idle.

Turns out a sensor was out on it and had to wait for parts. They put that in and now said the solenoid needs to be replaced. Both times they've had to wait a bit for the part to come in. Tomorrow is the 14th day since I've last seen her.

I want them to make 100% sure everything is good, the last thing I need is a shoddy job and long ongoing problems. At the same time, I'm getting really sick of not having her.

What's the longest you guys have been without your Challenger? How did you handle the withdrawal?

·
Registered
607 Posts
I bought mine this April 19th. Went into the shop on May 2nd and I didnt get the car back until May 26th. They couldnt figure out that my pistol coil kept shorting out because there were wires that were grounding out causing it to fry and that to happen. They tried three different things until they found that was the problem and then got the wiring harness in there to fix it. While it was there at their shop, they put numerous dents, paint chips, and scratches all over the vehicle (keep in mind, I owned the car for 3 weeks, then it was at their shop for 3 weeks). Needless to say I was damn pissed. Have the car back now, but they certainly heard about it, that is after they completely fixed everything (especially all the cosmetics). This is my daily driver so it was beyond hard to get to school and work for the entire time, but I made it. Have the car back now and hope to never lose it again. Blows without it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try 4-1/2 months!! Bought her on a Wednesday in Sep 2009 and deployed to the desert the following Monday. She sat in the garage for 138 days with less than 200 miles on her while I was overseas. Needless to say the wife bought me a mini-Challenger SRT8 in the exact same color and sent it to me so I could drool in anticipation of getting home. Drove her for a year and parted again in February and just returned last week from another 90-day deployment in Italy. It gets tough but I always have more than just my wife to get home to!! Heh Heh--don't let her know I said that!:bigthumb:

Cheers
Tipper

·
Banned
368 Posts
Parts seem to be an issue these days. Not my Challenger, however we went 3 weeks without our '09 Aspen waiting on two computers that went bad on it after 20k miles.

Sam and Tipper...THANK YOU for your Service! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Lemon law? I might be wrong but if they have your car in the shop for over 30 days straight cant you file a lemon law? There have been some problems with these cars lately. Out of the 4 392's that my dealer got in only 1 hasnt had any problems yet....mine. The other 3 have had check engine lights from the factory and weird drivability problems. The latest is the Green with envy 392. It had a check engine light on from the factory.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lemon laws require a bunch of circumstances. For the 30 days, I think it's 30 total days within two years (one repair in the first year) and needing yet another repair. I hope it doesn't come to that. I like my car, just want to drive it. :)

toupare - After two weeks of owning it, and then going into the second week of repair, I would have found the numbers to every higher up in Chrysler and call them 5 times a day until it was replaced. That is beyond ridiculous. They are supposed to check these things as they leave the factory. I understand there could be minor issues here or there still, but at some point customer service has to kick in before the law does.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Lemon law states that if your vehicle goes into the shop 3 separate times for the same problem. However, in order for you to have it, you have to file with Chrysler and then the process begins. If in fact it is found out that you have a lemon, then you dont get all your money back. What you get back is the amount of money that you paid for the car, minus the amount of time you had it taking off money by either mileage or days owned the car (usually whichever is in favor for them). So say they count it by days (they will use a rental car fee for that) and charge you $40 a day. Well if you have owned the car for a month thats roughly ~$1200. Just sucks. Whats worse is that it doesnt matter that the car was in the shop, it still goes against you. That's why I just let them fix it, works fine now, just like new. Hope to never have to send it off again.

But yes, I was beyond pissed easchner.

·
Registered
598 Posts
For our 6 months of winter, I drive the truck. Not quite the same but its time I'm not driving it.

Thats why its a 2009 and has less than 8000 miles on it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Waiting for a part 14 days is quite rediculous. The question is the fact that why doesn't the dealership have these parts in inventory or why do thy not find the parts at another dealership and rotate the parts over?

I had a New Chevy Blazer and the Alternator went out after two weeks. So they said it may take two weeks soince it was a new car part. I said how about you taking one off the trucks sitting in your lot and not hold me up and then when the one arrives place it into the new car and you wait!

Done deal.......I suggest you do the same, and then find another dealer to service your car. There is a thing called 24 hr expedited parts delivery from these manufacturers. Two or three weeks trust me when I say this my dealership would never do this to me as they know how proactive I would be.......get on the phone with Chrysler/Dodge CS. Good luck.:notallthere:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts