Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made the decision to buy a challenger. Love the car, love chrylser products. I visited three local dealers and no luck negotiating. On the dodge web site there is a 2k rebate if you buy a leftover 2010 plus an extra 1500 rebate if you buy a 6 speed man. The dealers gave me the line "oops that expired yesterday" or "we don't offer that here". Then of course the dealer add ons such as $999 doc fee and $799 flashong rear tail light. My personal fave $1500 for special paint that blocks sun lite damage.

On carsdirect you can get a v8 RT for $27500 for a leftover 2010. I offered the local dealers $28k and none would accept. The best I got was $30k.

Should I just use carsdirdct? Any advise would help! When I brought up the carsdirect price to one of the dealers he said CD makes prostitutes out of the car biz and takes food off his family's plate and he wouldn't honor such a price. Well on the flip side its not my job to spend more money to subsidize your living expenses.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What options are you wanting? Just for the heck of it I priced out the car I have for sale, and it spit out $31,9xx. If you can get the car you want for the price you want on that web site (which to be honest is the first I've heard of that particular site), what is the disadvantage to using the web site? If you really want to talk to a dealer, just keep looking; there are plenty out there that want your business. If not, you could always try buying from a private party used, and depending on the options could very likely beat the price you were quoted by at least a couple thousand.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Welcome to CT John. Be patient and keep working it. Where in N.Y. are you ? 1.5 feet of snow at my house and I have to believe they will be dealing very nicely once 11's are on the lot. Same 9 still at my dealer since August !

·
Registered
38 Posts
It sounds as though thy dont want to sell them for some stupid reason, whatever the reason may be, locate local dealers and check them out on google maps, read the reviews and go for one that sounds about right........ or carsdirect can be an option too, if you want, submit a request for the challenger you want, they will then contact you and tell you whats available from local dealers near you who they work with, if the price sounds right, and montly payments and interest rate is what you are looking for then go for it. ..... Yif you have good credit then you can surely qualify for the 1. 9% APR for 38 or 60 months, up to you and still get all other rebates whithout having to pick one of the two.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You should have told that dealer that your family has to eat too, you don't make alot of money but thought you could get into a new challenger for the price you could get on line.

You have to work it just like the dealer does to you.

Those mark ups are joke, I'd tell the dealers I'm buying soon, as soon as someone offers me a decent deal. I'll sign the paper right now if you make the right offer. I'm also checking out other dealers in the area and if I have to I'll travel 500 miles or so to get the right deal. I have time on my side and don't mind traveling if I have, heck I'm going to the in-laws over christmas break in (insert town) I'll just check there if I have to.

The incentives are yours to deduct from the MSRP, then the dealer gets a kick back for how many vehicles they move a quarter/year, then the dealer gets 3% hold back on the price of a new vehicle. The dealer also does not pay the invoice price as they have you think they do.

Work every angle you can come up with, Just don't be rude and keep calm, stay in their office as long as it takes. Some time (most of the time) they like to see how willing you are to buy.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Forgot to add: a few days before Christmas till the end of the month I would work them real hard.

Don't be shy to use one dealers quote against another dealer. When they say we'll match it I'd tell them why should I buy from you when the other dealer offered me this price first. You'll have to beat it by insert your $$$$

·
Registered
391 Posts
Trading in my 09 SRT

Goehner
Am I correct that you bought a 2011 392 and that you got around 34,000 for your 2009 SRT? I also am interested in getting one of the 392 tribute cars. I have almost 50,000 in mr SRT.which is in Perfect shape. How much were the dealers trying to knock off when they found one had a lot of other than stock items on the car? Headers. No Cat Pipes, different rear-end ratio,stripes, Tint, thermostate, throttle-body and tires and wheels engine dress-up kit plus things I can't even think of right now. I guess that I would take the loss, However I dont want to have to hassel over the equiptment or prices. Do you have a Dealer in mind?

·
Registered
574 Posts
If I were you I'd wait maybe 2 months for the 2011 models to hit, that's when they will really have to be selling. But you did good by knowing the price you're willing to pay and not pay more. Definitely don't pay anything over $30k. If that's the case you might as well wait for a 2011 model and buy that with more HP.

Be strong and don't give in.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I used Carsdirect.com. You know why? The three dealerships in my area wouldn't even try to search the other dealers for what I wanted. The dealership that my car was delivered to was 40 miles away. The dealership was great to deal with. In fact they have treated me so well, I would drive the distance just because of that.

Carsdirect has contracts and agreements with a few dealerships. They get a percentage of the deal so it works good for both companies. Also, I got a good deal going through them. For me, it was a good experience.

In closing, YOU can get even a better deal now that it is the year end. Your buying at the perfect time so don't wait. And I would say that a lot of Chrysler dealerships better look up the words "customer service" and get with it.
Hope this helps,
Dino

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I've used carsdirect in the past to come up with the price Im willing to pay for a new car, but I never purchased through them, so I don't know how that process would work. Couldn't hurt to try though.

You got some good advice from others. What I have found to be key (for me anyways), is never giving the impression that I HAVE to purchase, even though inside I might feel that way. They are like wolves and can sense it. Also, I never, ever, get into discussions about "how much am I willing to pay each month". My comeback is, once we negotiate the real price of the vehicle, the payments will work themselves out. Negotiate from a position of strength, even if it is false bravado at times.

Don't be afraid to looks around, and travel, if necessary. I bought my 2010 Det Yellow R/T this past summer. I found the car in Kansas City, negotiated a price over the internet with the sales manager. Went to a local dealership here in Georgia, and told them I wanted that specific car, and gave them a price I would pay, which was $500 less than the deal I negotiated via email. Took two hours, but in the end, I got it, with no delivery charge.

You just have to be persistent and stand firm. At one point I told the salesman that I do not begrudge him making a few bucks, because it is his livelihood, but he was not going to make his months salary off this one sale.. period... I was polite, but firm.

Take your time, you'll find the right deal. And welcome to CT!

Mike

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Goehner
Am I correct that you bought a 2011 392 and that you got around 34,000 for your 2009 SRT? I also am interested in getting one of the 392 tribute cars. I have almost 50,000 in mr SRT.which is in Perfect shape. How much were the dealers trying to knock off when they found one had a lot of other than stock items on the car? Headers. No Cat Pipes, different rear-end ratio,stripes, Tint, thermostate, throttle-body and tires and wheels engine dress-up kit plus things I can't even think of right now. I guess that I would take the loss, However I dont want to have to hassel over the equiptment or prices. Do you have a Dealer in mind?

PM on the way.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
They have some 2011 392 SRT Challengers hitting the big 5 star dealers already. The local dealer near me sold a blue 2011 6 speed already. If you need a car call a 5 star in a major city. I know of 5 hitting the ground next week.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
You can do it the right way by calling Bob Frederick. His contact info is on my signature.

He will get you exactly what you want, and without markups. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
David Dodge has 30 2010 challengers on the lot, call them i got 7000 off
Glen Mills PA

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Walaby, did you buy that DY in Sept?????

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Cool. When I bought mine (9-18), there was only one DY in the KC area. My sweetheart was located a little north of KC, had the eaquipment that I really wanted, and they dealt with me well.

The KC dealer called me a few days later and said that "it" was gone. Thought that it might have been yours.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts