Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey everyone:bangin: I was thinking about maybe sticking the superbee emblem right next to the Challenger badge above the glove compartment. The dash is a little plain and I thought that might add to it. What are your opinions on that?:eek:hyeah: stupid?:argh: Be honest please, if it wasn't over 50 bucks I would just try it lol I just wanted some thoughts from other Challenger owner's first:woot:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Where did my post go? Someone deleted it? Shouldn't we be told why or asked to fix something?

Reactions: ghostrt

·
Registered
118 Posts
Harddrive shifter

got this from core shifters pretty pleased with it, comfortable and shorter than stock

·
Premium Member
434 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Had a piece of koa wood laying around and decided to make some interior mods.
Sent pappajohn some koa to make a pistol grip shifter. Had the center console armrest
padded and recovered in "rhino" hide.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Keeping the whole car themed the same.....
Probably the most important thing. Once modded, our cars are never gonna be for everyone, but as long as there is a uniform and clear vision, and that we don't go overboard, anything else is only a matter of personal taste.

Hey, I also got a glove box handle cover (mine is chrome to go with my own theme) and it fell off at the first pot hole! I hadn't added any adhesive and probably had some residual vinyl protectant (grease) under it. I ended up shelving it because I was also afraid that it was too much with all that stock-on wood and chrome. Looks real good on your car, though, and I'm tempted to give it another shot. Any tips on making it stick?

·
Registered
860 Posts
That is a sweet mod. How did you wire the leds ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I have a 2012, so...behind the Passenger side "A" Pillar, tap into the Yellow with White Stripe, that will give you 12V (+) and Black with Green Stripe will give you Ground. This will allow your footwell lights to come on and off with the dome light (when you open and close the door). The "A" pillar (the plastic piece that runs from the bottom of the windshield to the top of the door) just snaps off and on with one plastic connector to unplug and replug. Once off, you will find the wires you need wrapped in black tape running up the to the roof.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
It's a wood interior kit by Remin, I believe, like the one I got from CARID. They're either synthetic or real wood adhesive panels covered by a thick urethane coat. There's several kits with various coverage levels and various woods and materials, like the black burl found in the 300 (thought about that one long and hard).

I also like the horizontal dash piece, but I would've liked something more discreet, like an accent, so I passed on that part. Many people hate wood in an interior (like chrome, it's not 'sporty'... as if it somehow affected the HP output), but personally, and after the cheap, plasticky and cold feel of my Charger I wanted something warmer, more upscale and more retro... and wood does it. During a long and aggravating commute it's more relaxing to look at than aluminium or painted plastic (to me anyway). :)

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I have a 2012, so...behind the Passenger side "A" Pillar, tap into the Yellow with White Stripe, that will give you 12V (+) and Black with Green Stripe will give you Ground. This will allow your footwell lights to come on and off with the dome light (when you open and close the door). The "A" pillar (the plastic piece that runs from the bottom of the windshield to the top of the door) just snaps off and on with one plastic connector to unplug and replug. Once off, you will find the wires you need wrapped in black tape running up the to the roof.
here you go

Reactions: USRWDV8

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I really like it all the way across the dash in front of the passenger side. How was that done
Its the Real Rosewood kit from CarID. The full kit comes with the dash piece. My 69 charger R/T SE has a wood dash all the way across, so the challenger had to also. Many have done kits with just the instrument cluster in woodgrain and waterdipping but I'm happy with mine. Goes great with the tan leather seats in the car. Its just an accent to an otherwise black and boring dashboard.

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
417 Posts
Some real nice interior mods.

Only thing I can offer is my Mr. Norms Pistol Grip Shifter with carved rose wood grips.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Some real nice interior mods.

Only thing I can offer is my Mr. Norms Pistol Grip Shifter with carved rose wood grips.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
Nice. I am jealous of your red interior. I hate my all black and looking to change.

21 - 40 of 329 Posts