Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting the part number for the long stem IAT sensor for my 2013 3.6, I have seen others do this mod on the 3.6 just not finding what part numbers I need.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,565 Posts
I think you are looking for 5149279AC (used on 2011+ challengers). That is the only long sensor I know of (at least for the V8s).

There are 2 versions of the short IAT used (one had black connector and the other used grey). I forget which version is not compatible with the long stem IAC

Grey connector = #56028364AA
Black connector = 4606487AB

Although, your V6 doesn't use either of the sensors, so I don't think it will work.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the part number, got one on order and also ordered a 12" extension harness for that IAT, those that have done this to the 3.6 just plug the IAT into the tube, plug in the extension and cut off the original connector and splice/wire the extension to factory harness.

There was a person at one time I guess who actually made the wire harness adapter but I can not find the source yet, so at the moment looks like I will have to do a splice job, not thrilled about it, but................

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,565 Posts
I was concerned that the transfer function (Temp vs Voltage) might be different between what you have and the long IAT. I remember reading posts (I think it was Johan from Diablosport) where there was a difference and the recommendation was not to make the change. Although that was for the pre-2011 V8 Challengers. Good luck man!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,935 Posts

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,103 Posts
I was concerned that the transfer function (Temp vs Voltage) might be different between what you have and the long IAT. I remember reading posts (I think it was Johan from Diablosport) where there was a difference and the recommendation was not to make the change. Although that was for the pre-2011 V8 Challengers. Good luck man!
I've been running the long sensor for years. Mine was plug n play as '10 has the later harness.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a thread on what the two sensor was about and what I did to my car to use either one at any given time. There is a couple of pictures.

Sometime I will get around and do some data logging and see if I can see any difference, all the work may be for not.

Just seeing if it would do anything positive or negative was worth doing. Passing along the information might be helpful to others who might wonder the same.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f38/hemi-long-stem-vs-stock-3-6-iat-sensor-bench-testing-613202/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts