Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
This has been a point of confusion for years. What you say is true, the LSD is indeed standard equipment on the R/T. And so is the 6-speed manual transmission and that's the problem. The minute you check the box for the optional automatic transmission then you no longer have a standard equipment car and the standard LSD is deleted and an open rear is put in it's place. You have an open rear, not LSD but the traction control can do a good enough job where it seems like you might.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I feel like things would be so much easier if everything was an option. It would be a lot easier to check a few boxes than have to add different packages just to get one specific item.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,361 Posts
Like @Slidd pointed out, you would have had the LSD like it says if there were no optional equipment added to the build, and the A8 is considered optional.

They cover their butts by putting that line in parenthesis (UNLESS REPLACED BY OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT).

The A8 and it’s (required open diff) is optional, so their caveat applies unfortunately.

101 - 102 of 102 Posts